Topic: Beacons

Hello fellow Nians(?), i was wondering if anyone still did beacons? The reason im asking is beacuse it takes like 15-20 min to do one beacon, with a huge pain in the *** in order to have to keep jumping through anomilies, as well as, dealing with interference.  Does anyone else feel beacons have been nerfed to *** and missions are so lucrative that its not worth doing beacons when beta missions produce so much more than a beacon can excluding star beacons.  However, star beacons still require more than 2-3 peeps to run.  Zoom can i get a trade in with the supply shop so i can trade back all my worthless beacons, since you nerfed them horribly.  Btw before you respond, can you actually look at the stats of how many are groups are doing beacons and who they are.

Re: Beacons

What are beacons?

No, seriously though, I haven't tried them since they were changed, so I don't know.

I did some after change, and feel that they are still valid for noob training but star beacons are real tough so nothing for noobs and I could not imagine to do on gamma a beacon session at the moment with normal beacons as the risk vs reward is not balanced at all

With all mobs hugging you in beta and gamma, it has made the 2 and 3 stripe beacons nonviable to do, too many losses compared to what can be got while missioning

5 (edited by Rovoc 2016-02-23 05:44:47)

Just did a small sample of beacons here's what we got.  10 Light Indi STAR beacons: 11K hightech, 26.6K Indi No more than 30 of each fragment 1 escalation.  10 Medium Pelestial STAR Beacons: 9.7K HighTech No more than 30 of each fragment 2 escalations.  1, yes 1  Medium Pel 1 Stripe (NO STAR)Beacon: 30k common kernals 150 damaged frag-75perfect.  took us twenty minutes to run the 10 and like 3 min to run the 1 stripe.  In my assessment the Star beacons are a waste of time since T2+ no absolutely no value.   We were pretty demoralized having pretty much wasted an hr of our time.  anyone have a sample for medium 2 stripes.  For being the 2nd hardest beacon in the game light star beacons are pretty worthless.  Zoom beacons are still a huge waste of time.  My suggestion is allow us to combine beacons at a depreciating value.  For example, if i were to combine two  Star beacons(1 strip) instead of getting the 200% value instead give it a value of 175% and if i were to combine it again with another beacon give it 225% of the reward and have it tier.

BeaconA+BeaconB=BeaconD @175% reward. instead of 200% you lose a quarter of the value
BeaconC+BeaconD=BeaconF @225% reward. 50% loss on the beacon
beaconG+BeaconF=BeaconH @250% reward. 25% loss of value

Instead of wasting time doing these small beacons allow us to combine for bigger reward be a little faster, but taking an overall loss.  at the cost of 4 beacons you only get 250% of the reward.  This would give a reason to buy beacons from the token shop.  And Maybe you gotta produce these @ a terminal @ a price(another nic sink)

What do yall think?

OR if you just wanna make it simple for every combination of a beacon you get an extra wave of mobs or something like that to increase the reward.  Shouldn't be that hard to code.  I could be wrong.

Rovoc wrote:

OR if you just wanna make it simple for every combination of a beacon you get an extra wave of mobs or something like that to increase the reward.  Shouldn't be that hard to code.  I could be wrong.

For these devs, you ARE wrong. Time is the issue not the coding ability. wink

8 (edited by Goffer 2016-02-24 08:01:57)

My experience is that beacons at all lead to a lower drop of equipment above T1 than doing normal NPCs. You have now more effort doing a serie of beacons than doing NPCs, so at the moment you are far better doing normal NPCs or Combat assignments than doing beacons.

Goffer wrote:

My experience is that beacons at all lead to a lower drop of equipment above T1 than doing normal NPCs. You have now more effort doing a serie of beacons than doing NPCs, so at the moment you are far better doing normal NPCs or Combat assignments than doing beacons.

+1 i agree with goffer. actually beacon not be attractive.
New system are be fun but you need many time and we not have good drop etc, but you see different landscape^^.