Topic: Agent and squad concurrent mission limits

A single agent can only accept a single level at the time from missions (ie doign combat level 3 prevents you from doing combat level 2s while it is active).

However squads can have one mission active from each member without it locking out other levels of that kind of missions from others to accept. That is agent A can accept combat level 3 and agent B can accept combat level 2 and they can help each other to do their missions.

If the behaviour is intended I find this a little strange and unnatural. It provides a wierd assymetry in favour of squads. While the case was so that a single agent could accept multiple levels it was changed so that only one level could be accepted. Is this a principle that should be continued to expand to the squad level?

It could also be argued that because these are conceptually connected that because/if squad level "double triggers" are okay they should be okay for individual agents too.

Re: Agent and squad concurrent mission limits

And people complain that there is no reason to do missions in squads.

oh, rolafan, thank you for the tip,
now i know how to make even more NIC out of Beta harvesting missions!

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

DEV Zoom wrote:

And people complain that there is no reason to do missions in squads.

No zoom, read the post. Think of the consequences. Like Anni has implied this mans you can do level 1 - 6 harvesting missions yourself.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

And by "yourself" I guess you mean you and your 9 other accounts?

No.  Mined raws only apply to ONE mission at a time and it's random which ones it goes too.  Also it's not faster and it slows Nic per hour.  It's not worth doing. 

The combat one idles the same thing.  It slows Nic per hour and cAan have you jumping all over the place.  Nic per hour is less.  10/10 would not do squad missions.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

it's already been proved, if you were to do missions for tokens and nic you would have so many tokens left over.  I predict a flood of tokens and lack of nic.

Rovoc wrote:

it's already been proved, if you were to do missions for tokens and nic you would have so many tokens left over.  I predict a flood of tokens and lack of nic.

I'm reading so many conflicting statements and theorycrafting about the whole NIC/tokens/missions topic that I feel like I should just stop reading these altogether and let it rest for a while.

You should test it out yourself and see on the test server.  That's what you should do.  Do it solo and stack 10 guys in a squad with you and try it out.  Half these people have no idea what they are talking about.   Hell Zoom, you want to run them on live server tonight, I'll invite you to teamspeak and you can see yourself.

The different missions have different properties on whether doing them collectively makes them easier. Its also hard to evaluate how much faster having only occasionally slower walks because the missions happen to spawn near. Ville's points re good but are not a proof of exhaustion.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Rovoc wrote:

I'm reading so many conflicting statements and theorycrafting about the whole NIC/tokens/missions topic that I feel like I should just stop reading these altogether and let it rest for a while.

Hungarian development

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05_ … 68x538.jpg

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita: the irony is that it is you who said that it's not tokens that will inflate but NIC.

I'm telling you, grabbing multiple missions isn't faster.

@Zoom if you do what you do with fixing mission give a couple more levels of risk and maybe chain of 7 or 9 we are golden.

Jita need not agree with Rovoc to find the reaction of relinguishing opinion forming on the face of conflicting advice unadvicable.

In general developers should not need to trust what the players are saying but they kinda need to have idea why they are saying what they are saying. That is listening doesn't equate to unconditional submission. Bring your salt and apply it lots to protect yourself from contradictions while still being in touch.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Jita: the irony is that it is you who said that it's not tokens that will inflate but NIC.

And that's exactly what has already happened - everything has got more expensive.

People have NIC at the moment and don't have tokens and so it's easier to do harvesting missions and solo missions. This reduces NIC payout without impacting the amount of tokens you get, but makes the mission very easy. You can do a harvesting mission in easily under five minutes for 310 tokens whereas a combat mission takes longer but will get you a lot more NIC. Now call me crazy but a well balanced mission system should have a reward that matches the time and difficulty it takes to do the mission. Currently it does not.

What this whole fiasco was about came back to the original 'economic crash' thread I made and is around there being no NIC sinks in the game worthy of the name. My point remains the same - the mission system is pumping far more NIC in to the system than is being removed.

There are two ways of dealing with it. The first is what you are going to do - reduce the payout. While this does make sense moving forward from today it doesn't address the amount of NIC already in the game. By reducing the payout you leave the imbalance caused in game as well as demotivated a player base already used to the value that missions produce. You are not taking this approach with tokens - that's what the forced devaluation is about.

The second approach I'm advocating is accepting that the money is already in the game and adapting the NIC sinks to deal with that. By increasing token amounts to 600 and reducing NIC payouts to 25m you are increasing NIC sinks to a good level which should drain money from the system. As there will be a glut of tokens in the game this will make them worth less which is a good thing - this encourages their trading giving the opportunity for more NIC sinks.

In regards to NIC sinks this is a good reason to remove the relations need when buying stuff from the token shop - this will create a bigger market to sell tokens as people can accumulate to buy the black bots and T4+ themselves rather than buying the finished goods.

Jita wrote:

People have NIC at the moment and don't have tokens and so it's easier to do harvesting missions and solo missions.

Why doesn't this translate into putting up demand orders for chips instead of changing the mission type that you do?

Rolafen Azec wrote:
Jita wrote:

People have NIC at the moment and don't have tokens and so it's easier to do harvesting missions and solo missions.

Why doesn't this translate into putting up demand orders for chips instead of changing the mission type that you do?

since when did that connection exist? remember "we need more xy kernels" or "we need more xy fragments" together "we are swimming in NIC, but will only pay you 0.4 NIC per titan ore"

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Harvesting missions balance out after plants start to decay, but incubators is a Nic sink and more your doing to do the mission, so slowing Nic per hour.  Not a huge problem if you ask me.

Rolafen Azec wrote:
Jita wrote:

Because in order for you to be able to buy someone has to be willing to sell.

Annihilator wrote:
Rolafen Azec wrote:
Jita wrote:

since when did that connection exist? remember "we need more xy kernels" or "we need more xy fragments" together "we are swimming in NIC, but will only pay you 0.4 NIC per titan ore"

That explains why I was able to buy almost a whole research tree in one go. I guess it didn't exist until people like me that like to do somethign other than sit on top of their NIC pile come along. I guess when you can pray to gods for gold the definition of work starts to lose some meaning.

Jita wrote:

Because in order for you to be able to buy someone has to be willing to sell.

This assumes that everybody that missions will use the chips for personal use rather than trading them for NIC. Is the issue that everybody that goes to beta does not skip the chips or that the alpha population is neglible chip producer compared to beta?

If this is so you could nudge the alpha to pay more in chips and less in NIC. That is make it intentionally for alpha to overproduce chips and beta to underproduce them.

Don't change anything.

Zoom your doing great.

I am Perpetuum.