Topic: L-Demobs

Hello, I just want to put this out here, idk what happened previously with L-Demobs if they are a bug really or not or if you guys are trying to fix them in this next patch but hear me out here devs.

I think you guys should keep the L-Demobs in their current state at the moment, I believe that though maybe they could be changed in someway, but I think the LOS factor should stay removed, this is because without it the module has actually had some use and purpose especially since the zenith got its ewar range bonus removed, during the period of L-Demobs having LOS almost no one used them because the way the terrain works in with the mechanics made it almost impossible to use one well and as a result, no one ever touched them.

Now that this bug of LOS or whatever it is came up, people actually use L-Demobs and they instantly turned from not viable whatsoever in combat to being fairly dang viable in general for multiple types of PvP for both sides and end of course require people to communicate and adjust fittings certain ways with the 1 L-Demob equiped to a single bot limit so you cant have dedicated tackler stacking and really they can only demob bots that are light weight framed without plates unlike their L-Demob counterparts and really I think in their current state they mix in well as support for S-Demobs. Really if it is believed that they are OP or need to be nerfed, you could put some kind of LOS thing that the more terrain, plants, walls, etc that are in the way of the demob could weaken the strength of it little by little, or maybe make some kind of falloff mechanic on the L-Demob or do whatever.

Though on my two-bit, I think L-Demobs should be kept in their current state assuming you guys were planning to fix them and them maybe rebalance them somewhere along the line when you guys look at robots again.

Thanks for reading and i'm looking foward to the patch tomorrow!

-BeastmodeGuNs

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Re: L-Demobs

They are already fixed and will go out with the patch tomorrow. Personally I think it's a good feature and any necessary balancing should be done elsewhere.

DEV Zoom wrote:

They are already fixed and will go out with the patch tomorrow. Personally I think it's a good feature and any necessary balancing should be done elsewhere.

you mean you give LoS to s-demobs too?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

No, just fixing the broken mechanic for L-demobs.

I am with Beastmode on this one....I think L-Demobs should NOT be LOS.  It gives a another good dimension to PvP.  Please consider leaving it as it is instead of changing it back.  This is NSE's official stance on this matter.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

No, just fixing the broken mechanic for L-demobs.

Really I feel that this supposed broken mechanic is honestly a positive thing, in this population level, it makes small gang in the heavy meta that we are in more viable to both sides and causes for more engagements and as Sunny says, it opens new dimensions and encourages people to use them, it also means you dont have to completely depend on squishy ewars with S-Demobs to have to go in the enemies' face to tackle, especially with the ewar bonus of the Zenith gone which in my opinion should be re-added but at a smaller bonus amount

In reality this is a broken mechanic turned right that does not need fixing and should be left the way it is, you say the Demob having LOS is fine and working as intended, yet virtually no one used it during the LOS period and without the LOS factor it saw increased use, if you ask me keep the demob in its current state, change it to be a misc. type module for the slots where weapons and support modules go and put the L-Demob there so people running it in their heavies would be risking guns or Demob and make people think and choose.(keep S-Demob in its current form though)

Though my two-bit again, keep L-Demobs without the LOS and maybe change L-Demob from head slot to a mid slot., hold off on it, put it to last second poll like you did with sparks and outpost opening to see what people would prefer and go from there, please listen to what the community would prefer with this L-Demob deal and hold off on fixing it  or something for now the way people see it you are about to go about fixing a broken mechanic that does not need to be fixed and can be left the way it is for a while longer without breaking the game.

Again thanks for viewing and I do hope you take every word to account zoom, and thank you.

-BeastmodeNuBs

my 2 cents:
Stop messing with current content and give us something new.  Nobody will start/stop playing this game because of L-demobs.

FYI: new does not mean: changed, balanced, tweaked, modified, revamped, polished, etc.  It means NEW content.

+1 to NO LOS on L-demobs. It used to be that way and it was awesome, it was changed and I never heard of anyone using a L-demob again (besides the odd drunk guy maybe), especially with the more plants patch.

L-demobs no Los I'm on board! with 90% of all bots undemobbable any way it makes little to no difference. roll

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

+1 to no LOS on l-demobs but since S-demobs are so powerful make them LOS

-1 and if you think I'm joking I'll let so see what a masked cam demobbing at 700 M can do.  It's not pretty

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

-1 and if you think I'm joking I'll let so see what a masked cam demobbing at 700 M can do.  It's not pretty

Someone using a cameleon specificlly with masker and demob and range extenders and getting someone to waste RSAs.... I can assure you it is on the list of stuff that does not happen.

13 (edited by Race Drones 2015-11-25 09:23:23)

BeastmodeGuNs wrote:

Someone using a cameleon specificlly with masker and demob and range extenders and getting someone to waste RSAs.... I can assure you it is on the list of stuff that does not happen.

I think you are using the bad fit.

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

With the 12 people that still pvp I think bmg might be right no one will waste a follow bot that cant follow on a cam. Maybe on a zenith.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Max Creed wrote:

+1 to no LOS on l-demobs but since S-demobs are so powerful make them LOS

I was thinking this as soon as I realized the L demob was broken. If someone is lwf and double plated that would counter an L demob easily but would be affected by s. If you are blue pilot then L demob being no LOS is fine tongue

Also if you are blue pilot an s demob is no problem either smile

not to mention seth mk2 lol.

Tbh im happy with most of the mechanics as is as long as new content is coming im happy. Legit new content, not polish.

Patch notes wrote:

Fix: The line-of-sight check of L-demobilizers was broken.

R.I.P L-Demobs being useful.

Getting rid of this bug is good.

Demob-immunity is a problem that needs to be addressed, Heavies with too much HP moving too fast right now.