1 (edited by Styx 2011-01-07 15:10:18)

Topic: Maximum Prototyping Lines Increase

There is a skill named "Extensive Mass Production" with three levels, basic, advanced and expert. This increase the maximum number of mass manufacture jobs you can run.

There is also a skill named "Extensive Prototyping Production" however there is only one level of this which is basic.

The suggestion is simple, add an advanced and expert version of extensive prototype production just like "Extensive Mass Production" so we can meet the demand for prototypes. The way the Prototype system is built means that the number of people capable of creating high tier Prototypes is very limited, bottlenecking the entire system and named production as a result. Adding these skills would improve game play significantly and allow for more EP sinks.

Re: Maximum Prototyping Lines Increase

As a prototyper I actually disagree with this. The bottle neck on production keeps value high, and as the game progresses will mean that more players will need to have high tier research in order to meet demand. While I personally would love to be able to produce more right now, I'm fairly certain that once the number of players with good research grows, it would oversaturate the market.

sounds more like "we have enough materials to go out with prototypes now, but the production is not fast enough"

10 prototyping lines are not enough?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Alts alts alts.

Fixed.

The Game

Definately a prototype

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

No, it does not limit the people capable of creating high tier Prototypes because it depends on your knowledge base. It only limits the number of prototype production lines you can run at the same time.

What you suggest is some mass prototype production. Apart from the contradiction (mass & prototype), this could be achieved either by allowing more lines at the same time (extensive) or more items per line (intensive or programmed). I would prefer the latter not just because I have posted this idea before (http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topic/206/prototype-production-extensions wink), but it makes more sense. Do you want to create more different prototypes, or more of the same kind at the same time? I guess it's the latter.

I support mass prototype production because the current system penalizes those who run through the hassle of researching kernels and creating a prototype. Others just buy one item from the market and then reverse engineer and mass produce it. There should be more benefit from the effort to research kernels.

the question is more - do the devs WANT you to mass-produce prototypes?

the prototypes are meant to be expensive. In this case, they are limited by maximum of prototypes per station.

btw, that means, you can run up to 40 prototypes per island at the same time!
do you fear the transport?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

The prototypes will remain expensive because their resource requirement is a great deal larger. So you will hardly ever be able to keep 40 or even more prototype lines running all the time. The same applies to intensive/programmed prototype production.
It simply wouldn't be such a pain to do 5 or more prototypes in a row.

Annihilator wrote:

the question is more - do the devs WANT you to mass-produce prototypes?

the prototypes are meant to be expensive. In this case, they are limited by maximum of prototypes per station.

btw, that means, you can run up to 40 prototypes per island at the same time!
do you fear the transport?

We scout with sequers full of minerals.  No, we do not fear the transport.

->You just lost The Game<-

auster wrote:

I support mass prototype production because the current system penalizes those who run through the hassle of researching kernels and creating a prototype. Others just buy one item from the market and then reverse engineer and mass produce it. There should be more benefit from the effort to research kernels.

This is only true for standard (T1) items, and so not true for higher tiers. You cannot take a T4 module and RE it.

Industrial Junkie

Jita wrote:

Definately a prototype

I must agree, i am certain it is a prototype, too.

Tamas Vitez wrote:
auster wrote:

This is only true for standard (T1) items, and so not true for higher tiers. You cannot take a T4 module and RE it.

Right. I forget that from time to time wink