Topic: Logistics robot control (LRC) extension

As I have seen on http://perpetuum-online.blogspot.com it is planned to add a transport mech. And as far as I know a heavy transport mech is still planned for the distant future.

Currently the Sequer requires Industrial robot control (IRC) meaning that Miners/Harvesters get to use the Sequer for free. Combat characters, skilled to use the Sequer, can also use light miners/harvesters without having to spend much EP in other extensions. This reduces their resource demand. Things get worse if even more transport bots are added to the (IRC) branch.

What should be done is to separate the control of transport robots from the (IRC) branch and create a Logistics robot control (LRC) branch. Miners/Harvesters shouldn't be able to control transport bots for free. Likewise, combat characters, skilled to use transport bots, shouldn't be able to control miner/harvester bots for "free".

This would also help against gold farmers. If there was a (LRC) branch, it would hurt a lot even if you would only ban their transport character. If you missed a few miners/harvesters, then they have hardly any use as their ability to transport their mined/harvested resources is crippled. Let the banhammer strike them even harder!

Primary/Secondary attributes:

The Combat robot control extensions (Nuimqol, Pelistal, Spec ops, Thelodica) all use Tactics (T) and Mechatronics (M) for their Prim/Sec attributes. Industrial robot control (IRC) uses Heavy industry (HI) and Mechatronics (M). This is unfair with regards to specialization!
Now the only reason I see that (IRC) is based upon (M) is due to the Sequer.

(IRC) should have (HI) and (RND) as it's prim/sec attributes.
(LRC) should have (HI) and (M) as it's prim/sec attributes.

Re: Logistics robot control (LRC) extension

oh, another freelancer

i dont think it will be so easy for a combat agent to drive the new transport mech.
the balancing DEV could just place it in the EWAR-mech category, and that would mean lvl7 industrial robot control minimum to drive it.
(thats 25 days ep, 20 days more then sequer min.)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Re: Logistics robot control (LRC) extension

And the heavy transport mech that will come in the future? It doesn't make sense if the other heavy mechs need level 8 for their extension. This also doesn't solve the problem of the overlapping robot control (industry/logistics) and the mixed attributes (IRC with industry and combat). Well, it depends if the overlapping besides the control of the Sequer is intentional.