Topic: New player experience/retention

I believe the Dev's intentions behind thinking up the field rescue idea is valid even if that may not be the right way to go about it. I also think most of the peeps posting in the Field Rescue Discussion Thread are to blinded by the mechanic suggested to properly discuss the underlying issue it is meant to solve, namely that it is easy for newer players to lose everything and/or just not know how to proceed in a world like Perp. I'm starting this thread to focus discussion on ideas and changes that might be made with the goal of easing the new player experience.

1. From comments in Help & General I've seen, some people didn't know you get your first light and assault bots by completing the tutorial. I don't know if this information is made apparent to players immediately when they start when they are suggested to do the tutorial but should be if not. 1 option might be to make completing the tutorial mandatory. Another might be a change to how players enter the world. Tweak the tutorial and incorporate it into character creation so a new player joins the game with the tutorial done, their first 2 bots, a few mods and some nic. I'd also suggest removing the artifacting part of the tutorial cause I've seen players just stuck there. For now just remove it till the artifacting changes proposed are worked out and in play.

2. With the recent npc aggro changes and the plans to replace static spawns with roaming squads, the new mission system is obviously meant to be the default means of supporting oneself. Stress this to new players when they start. Players should be encouraged to spend some EP into whichever mission type suits their playstyle. I've leveled from faction 1-4 on the new system with 5 EP in combat  mission specialization and imo the mission system can work as a replacement to typical npc ratting.

3. A possible replacement for the Field Rescue idea, if a player loses their last bot instead of the default Arkhe give players a special "default fit T1" light. This is a light of the player's primary faction equipped with a non-alterable, per-configured, standard T1 fit. It should be a bare bones effective option to run level 1 missions, it doesn't even have to have all the slots filled. Making it unable to have its fittings changed shouldn't affect the market for light bots as much.

Re: New player experience/retention

Maybe just boost Arkhe?
Make it a universal and good bot for newbies. That way they'll have more interesting bots to go for on their own (lights and assaults). They'll use it for mining, missions, or even PvP. Make it less dependent on extensions - good as it is, but not too good with vet extensions.