Topic: Lack of respec bad for new players - some ideas

I think its safe to say that most new players into the game are going to have very limited knowledge of builds and their do's & don't and as such are going to mess up their EP distribution.  We know that in the 'long term' this wont matter but for new players its the short term that is important and getting the most for your money so you can have fun and do your thing.

Having the 45d reset is good in that respect,  but its not enough.  As it is now that single reset will correct you initial f**k up but wont give you a chance to try different builds so you can find one that suits you.  I know you can create a second toon but as you share the EP you cant try out other builds to the same 'depth' and this is bad for a new player.

For example I've been playing a couple of weeks now, I didnt mess up too bad but I'd like to try a more NEXUS type build.  I'd like to try a missile build, I'd like to try a harvest build. But I cant as I only have a single reset.

My possible  suggestions are:-
1. Either allow more resets within the 45d period.
2. Shorten the 45d period to say 30d but start with more EP and allow more resets.
3. Create a one off 1d trial account that cannot be extended but gives you 50k EP and costs 10 euros.

Re: Lack of respec bad for new players - some ideas

just a tool (which can be built), which would erase just one extension.

3 (edited by Alexander 2011-01-07 11:50:17)

45 days to respec is good. It's good how it is.

The Game

How can you class it good for new players when they only get to try out a single build type?
It may be good for beta players who have had the opportunity to play around but its not beta anymore.

i dont think it will stay 45 days forever.

its such an arbitary time - if you look at it, its just that long to enable EA-Accounts to reset too, even if they had been on hollidays over christmas.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I gotta say, I was an EA character, with zero knowledge of the skills/extensions prior to setting up my account. I turned out just fine. It's all about reading and paying attention. you "can" use the basic weaponry with just a day or two worth of EP, so why not just invest your EP that way if it's absolutely critical that you try everything?