Topic: Help with respec E-war vs war

So I decided to use my re spec since the LOS and stuff with laser and emp annoyed me. Figured I´d go missiles since they are fun to PvE with and decent PvP. But to be viable in all areas of PvP I have to go E-war or be stuck in one area with my missiles.

Maybe this will change but if there is one thing I have learned from mmorpg´s it´s not to play the waiting game for changes.

Since speed is everything the Intakt seems to be the way to go when roaming, is this correct or are the other E-wars equal? What about the missile spec?

This game is confusing as hell.

Re: Help with respec E-war vs war

You're not stuck in 1 area with missiles.  You can pew pew behind rocks, you can pew pew over hills, you can pew pew over bushes, you can even pew pew when you cant even see your target!

->You just lost The Game<-

Well that doesn't really help me much in free roaming PvP does it? I will still be to slow to catch up to anyone or escape if need be. It's not viable to mix up a fast moving team with a slow unit.

sure it is not viable, that's why you see us using trojars....

idiot.

5 (edited by Ulver 2011-01-07 11:49:47)

Siddy wrote:

idiot.

You do realize that trojar is an E-war? and not an missile assault bot? I sense a great amount of *** in you.

Ulver wrote:

You do realize that trojar is an E-war? and not an missile assault bot? I sense a great amount of *** in you.

Troiar is an unique Ewar bot. Its hurt to any intakts by minimum 2 way :
dps : Try 2 t4 rocket laucher on it ... its really hurts
ewar : try 2 t2-t4 neuts or even energy drainers ... its really hurts

But at all yes troiar isn't a solo pwnmobile...

This game is about group! thats why its called MMO and not single player... think in bigger size mate, not just me and noone else ...

Ulver wrote:
Siddy wrote:

idiot.

Waspish can get to 71 kph with small investment's.

Also, waspish are only assaults that can safely land hits ~300m away behind cover.

Learn2PVP

8 (edited by Ulver 2011-01-07 12:45:35)

I never said I play solo. I just don't want to be stuck playing base attack/defense and from what I have heard and seen going out small team roaming in a couple of assaults looking for PvP will just end up with us dead not able to choose when to fight and when to flee because of assaults slow speed and the E-war range. Good to know that Troiar is viable.

Sure I can sit there waiting thinking about large size warfare with my mech but that won't mean *** if I log in and there are no people or nothing planned for right then. It just happens once in a while. So i feel E-war is the way to go right now.

How the hell can a waspish fire 300 meters? missiles are 150m with no fall-off I would need 200% range modifier. Is that even possible?

I think waspish could shoot to around 700m, ofc haven't tried it and no way it could lock anything that far smile
(with a medium launcher, heat x ballistic, maxed skills). With small heat x missilies it can shoot 300m, but then you have to spend ep on basic robotics well above lvl 4 which not many do.

Heat IX missiles : 180m range

+30% Basic robotics lvl 6

+21% Propellant mixing lvl 7

+10% Standard range extender

With these, a waspish can reach 300m easy.

Karism wrote:

Heat IX missiles : 180m range

+30% Basic robotics lvl 6

+21% Propellant mixing lvl 7

+10% Standard range extender

With these, a waspish can reach 300m easy.

well 61% should net us 288m but that´s pretty damn far. Waspish do seem like a viable option but how often do people stay after that first attack? Won't they just run away or if greater in numbers destroy the slower waspish? I guess a coordinated attack together with others wasps should net some kills though.

What makes you think you can pvp with just ewar gang in most situations?

Even we bring mechs to deal with things ewar cant.

Seriously, most people die to our ewar gangs because they have zero clue how to fight.

For example.

Last time Hun visited our island with 8 ewar, we drove them off using 6 ewar.
We lost 2, they lost 5. 

This show there is a HUGE gap of actual skill and organization, and not equipment or bot balance.

So my point stands: Learn2pvp

Siddy wrote:

What makes you think you can pvp with just ewar gang in most situations?

Even we bring mechs to deal with things ewar cant.

Seriously, most people die to our ewar gangs because they have zero clue how to fight.

For example.

Last time Hun visited our island with 8 ewar, we drove them off using 6 ewar.
We lost 2, they lost 5. 

This show there is a HUGE gap of actual skill and organization, and not equipment or bot balance.

So my point stands: Learn2pvp

Funny, I have yet to see you use anything but E-war in your videos and when you make an example... you use E-wars. I would like to see you roaming around in mechs trying to PvP or assaults. Is it just a coincidence that only E-war is seen in videos of small scale patrol combat?

At the end of vid: Mech/ewar group beating the living carp our of -CS- assault bot gang.

L2PvP

Looks like a well planned assault and not free roaming PvP to me.

-waspish has a missile range bonus. it can fire its small missiles at high ranges with that.

-for using the trojar in roaming, you need nothing special in "EWAR". Special OP robot control on rank2 or 3 is standard for any build, and thats the only prerequisite

-all about roaming in bots is i high lvl in basic robotics, nav 10  and every locking extension.

if you've mastered a waspish, you can also use the trojar.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

That's what it looks like to untrained eye, yes.

Our even most basic pants-on-the-head roams must look like planned Sun Tsu masterpieces to the rest of the server...

am i right if i say, that trojar driver there in that vid is very unskilled with missiles? 25% of his shots flying off the sky....

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Even with 4% chance of failure, using the Hungarian math, it usually goes like that lol

Annihilator wrote:

-waspish has a missile range bonus. it can fire its small missiles at high ranges with that.

-for using the trojar in roaming, you need nothing special in "EWAR". Special OP robot control on rank2 or 3 is standard for any build, and thats the only prerequisite

-all about roaming in bots is i high lvl in basic robotics, nav 10  and every locking extension.

Nothing in E-war skills? isn't the point to be able to do long distance lock scrambles, demobs and some damage in between?

Hungarian math, where 3% can mean anything from .001% to 7% +/- many unknown to normal math variables

Ulver wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Nothing in E-war skills? isn't the point to be able to do long distance lock scrambles, demobs and some damage in between?

No the point is the speed. You can specialize in ewar if you want but that's not the only viable way to use ewar. Seriously can't anyone in your Corp give you the bots101?

Edit: Troll removed - DEV Calvin

Well I just read that they are nerfing the speed of E-war so it might no longer be worth focusing Ext on, I was kind of waiting for something like that to happen. Now Waspish and missiles seams like a solid choice.

Ulver wrote:

Well I just read that they are nerfing the speed of E-war so it might no longer be worth focusing Ext on, I was kind of waiting for something like that to happen. Now Waspish and missiles seams like a solid choice.

I will be very disappointed with the development team if this statement of "nerfing the speed" of e-war is true.

Any e-war group that is not fed intel from spies can be ran down like dogs and killed, end of story.

If you have a group of Fast movers who are fed intel on your positions and attempts to head them off.  They can simply just run ramped avoiding you.

They arn't designed to engage in head on engagements with other groups. (outside e-war category) its simply hit and run, while attempting to grab stragglers.

Infestation get some odd visitors of Ewar gangs to our island now and then.

For some reason we don't whine...

Oh yeah, now i remember, we kill them dead and then carry on about our business.