Topic: NPC follow bot | logistics | Slave.

Now that we are discussing some creative items with positive feedback I'd like to suggest something.

NPC robots that function to assist 1 account holders.  The premise is simple.  A NPC that can serve as a Hauler/ Buff bot/ additional combat and miner and harvester.

How this works.

I as a player set an Anchor point(summoning).  This anchor point is a fixed position.  The NPC is summoned through whatever means, I suggest something similar to beacons.  Once the NPC is summoned it will immediately do which ever type of role you activated.  (Limit 1 per player).  You would have different beacons to summon different tiers of NPCs and Roles for NPCs. 

Logistics:  Can serve two purposes:

Combat - once it is spawned it will collect cans within 100 M area which you own, or accessible by squad.  It would then hold the cans until it is full or there is nothing left to loot.  You would Then pick a destination terminal (Main Or Outpost) on the island for the NPC to dock in, the NPC would then transfer things over to the owners private storage.

Mining/Harvesting - You can either do the same thing with a field container, Once it spawns it has a 100 M to loot a field container you own and then loot said container and move back to the outpost you select.

Combat:  NPC that is summoned for a fixed time that assists you with fighting other NPCs, has three modes Aggressive, Passive and Defender.

Buff Bot:  Provides various roles to the summoning player, remote armor repair, energy transfer and Remote sensor amps

Miner/Harvester:  Would mine within a specified area of up to 100M until full and return to the anchor point look for a field container and deposit it's cargo into the field container.  Would continue to look for minerals in that area until there are 0 left in the 100M radius and then would despawn or hold in the waiting position to dismissed.

Multiple things could happen here in the configuration of this system:

Players could fit up their own NPCs with modules they wish, and purchase new chasis(robots) from the credit store.  They could also choice the level of which they tank Armor/Shield.  The modules could be completely different then player modules to use gamma materials.

And the best thing.  These NPCs could be killable on alpha and drop their cargo just like a player(meanwhile engaging a pvp flag on alpha to the aggressor).  And the npcs would need to be repaired or replaced.

Thoughts?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

2 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2015-07-29 14:41:42)

Re: NPC follow bot | logistics | Slave.

Why wouldn't this be used by multi account owners to make them even more powerful?
thus putting vets even further ahead of new players?

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Re: NPC follow bot | logistics | Slave.

There is different scaling you could do globally with this.  You could also make server side rules with how many of these npcs could be around at a given time. 

Training the new recruits it still seems there a fundamental conversation about having multiple accounts and the benefits of have 2 to 4 accounts.  I would like to see this trend be removed.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.