Topic: Field Containers

Why were field container ranges changed from 100m to 50m and why were we not told about this change?  This is a stupid change and should be reverted unless you decide to make resource fields more dense.  Or else we will go through 10-12 containers per titan ore field....which is ridiculous.  Why are all of these changes being made to make the game harder than it already is?  This is not going to help you grow your community.

Re: Field Containers

+1

Sure it's not a bug?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

Sure it's not a bug?

/shrug....

SunnyJester wrote:

Why were field container ranges changed from 100m to 50m and why were we not told about this change?  This is a stupid change and should be reverted unless you decide to make resource fields more dense.  Or else we will go through 10-12 containers per titan ore field....which is ridiculous.  Why are all of these changes being made to make the game harder than it already is?  This is not going to help you grow your community.

Why are all your posts so salty. Maybe its a bug. Post it in the bug forum.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

We don't know about such a change, that's why it's not in the patch notes.

Jita wrote:
SunnyJester wrote:

Why are all your posts so salty. Maybe its a bug. Post it in the bug forum.

Haha...pot calling the kettle black

DEV Zoom wrote:

We don't know about such a change, that's why it's not in the patch notes.

Ok a bug it is.  Just out of curiosity, how does that get changed without you knowing about it?

9 (edited by Annihilator 2015-06-24 16:01:45)

is it harder to write a macro if you have to move 5 tiles to empty your cargo, instead of standing still for 5 hours und move stuff from cargo to container and having new tiles locked once one runs dry?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

is it harder to write a macro if you have to move 5 tiles to empty your cargo, instead of standing still for 5 hours und move stuff from cargo to container and having new tiles locked once one runs dry?

Not if you use the colony screen for your macro. This allows you to double click locations by grid reference to approach or lock. You can macro a noralgis field like that without much effort.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Not if you use the colony screen for your macro. This allows you to double click locations by grid reference to approach or lock. You can macro a noralgis field like that without much effort.

ahh, i didn't think about that one yet.
i suspected someone using lots of waypoints to coordinate mining macros

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Why isn't it longer, like 200-300m? Would be nice to drop my ore without having to move all the time.

a bit more and you can drop into field terminals wink

So I have tested this on the live server and I'm using my field container from 96 meters away.

http://i.imgur.com/3JQoFed.jpg

Are you in a riveler?

Ville wrote:

Are you in a riveler?

It makes no difference what robot you are in.
http://i.imgur.com/A2CQtur.jpg

I re read the OP again.  I thought he visually couldn't see the container.

18 (edited by Annihilator 2015-06-24 17:05:07)

Ville wrote:

I re read the OP again.  I thought he visually couldn't see the container.

it doesnt matter if you can see the container or not, to have the access window open

*edit: and you if you dont see it, maybe you are on beta/gamma and you just got to many rivelers ontop of each other

Well it works today, not sure what happened yesterday.....

20 (edited by Altera 2015-06-24 21:32:06)

SunnyJester wrote:

Insert trolling posts below vvvvvvvvv

Altera wrote:
SunnyJester wrote:

Insert trolling posts below vvvvvvvvv

Sir, even I would not troll mentally handicapped people. What do you think of us? sad