Topic: Whats after New Virginia?

I have jumped into the game on and off over the years and as sad as it seems, I have never left the first island.  I dont what to join some big guild and move several islands away and feel like I'm lost and cant contribute and be afraid to leave the terminal.  Other than joining a guild/corporation, and bigger deposits of minerals, what are the benefits to leaving the first island?

Re: Whats after New Virginia?

Apart from bigger mineral deposits, there's more active market on alpha 2 islands, higher level missions and NPCs. You're not bound to your starting faction, you're free to go to any other faction islands without any disadvantages.

well, for the next few weeks, outside NV, there are the "Work in progress" islands big_smile

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

there are also other players on those other islands.  Not many stay on the alpha 1s.  If you want to play with yourself, then stay put, if you want to join a MMO (of maybe 100 ppl), move around and get involved, the game is 10x better playing with others.