Topic: Energy Wells

Well (no pun intended), I put up a Hitech energy well out to test the new 50% more energy, and to no surprise, it only lasted 2 days.  I was getting 4 days on wells before the patch.  I am not sure if this is working as intended but 50% over 4 days should be close to 6 and not 2 unless you meant 50% less......

Re: Energy Wells

He said it might reduce the time.  I'd say ~3 day would be a good average of a constant drain.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

did you place it over a past-patch deposit?

due to some circumstances we haven't been able to test this on live server...

though, DEV Zoom already wrote in the patchnotes that the wells probably wont last as long as expected.

also - he wrote that the energy ammount was increased by 50%, but the area reduced by 50%. From my understanding of zooms usual way to write things - each tile contains now 1.5x times the energy then before, but tile-count of each deposit was cut in half.

1.5 * 0.5 = 0.75.

and previously, the collection rate of the energy well dropped over time, extending the time a deposit would last

clarification necessary

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Since the new settings only apply to new fields, it's also possible that you were still mining an old field.

Anni: we handle tile count and mineral amount separately, so when I say the amount per field is +50%, I mean that.

was possible.
the patchones also say that turrets wont shoot dirt anymore... which isn't true either.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Ok I am unsure if that field was post or pre TBH, will put another down and check, most fields should be moved by Monday, so we should know by then for sure.

Annihilator wrote:

was possible.
the patchones also say that turrets wont shoot dirt anymore... which isn't true either.

Really???

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ok so, new field on Xiantor, I planted a hi-tech energy well at June 1 @ 750 hours.  It depleted on June 4 @ 5:39 hours.  That is less than 3 days for an energy well......this is not acceptable, these wells should be lasting 7 days IMHO.....We were getting 3-4 days before the patch so this 50% upgrade is definitely not working well.  Please increase these wells so they last 7 days.

Probably just need to restart the server before any patches take effect.

Remember windows 95?  Anytime you clicked a button you basically had to restart your computer?   I'm not going to say that perpetuum is like the windows 95 of MMOs, but I'm not not going to say it either.

As some posted before, the patch notes stated that this might happen. I think 7 days would be too much, but I'll try to target 4-5 days in the next update. Another 50% increase should do just that.

DEV Zoom wrote:

As some posted before, the patch notes stated that this might happen. I think 7 days would be too much, but I'll try to target 4-5 days in the next update. Another 50% increase should do just that.

One guy doing two hours work every 5 days to keep a full t3 base active seems reasonably balanced to you?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

One guy doing two hours work every 5 days to keep a full t3 base active seems reasonably balanced to you?

This mechanic wasn't meant as a nuisance, but to stop abandoned bases working indefinitely. If there is one maintenance guy, it's not abandoned. But obviously 1 guy won't do much against an attack.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Jita wrote:

This mechanic wasn't meant as a nuisance, but to stop abandoned bases working indefinitely. If there is one maintenance guy, it's not abandoned. But obviously 1 guy won't do much against an attack.

Don't mind Jita Dev Zoom, he is just an angry man that does not play or pay into your game, he just trolls your forums because he has no life.  A 50% increase would be great thanks Dev Z.