Topic: QoL for NPCs on Beta/Gamma

NPCs when being targeted and fought approach a player.  The NPCs move to the player and stop at what appears to between 50 to 100 M.  Is there a possibility we could get that increased to 150 ~ 200 M, for mechs and heavys?  The explosion makes farming NPCs on Gamma/Beta a lot more difficult.  especially when they are 50 M away from you smile

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: QoL for NPCs on Beta/Gamma

Yes they also quick so you cant really run away, especially from Industrials.

Not work as intented.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

demob works wonders...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

+1

5 (edited by Ensireka 2015-05-24 13:24:55)

Ville wrote:

NPCs when being targeted and fought approach a player.  The NPCs move to the player and stop at what appears to between 50 to 100 M.  Is there a possibility we could get that increased to 150 ~ 200 M, for mechs and heavys?  The explosion makes farming NPCs on Gamma/Beta a lot more difficult.  especially when they are 50 M away from you smile

They should try to be at or near optimal range, that would make a lot more sense.

edit : Rather furthest LOS near Optimal Range.

-Ensi

+1 to optimal range idea, this would make more sense. And possibly keep them moving about too instead of stopping, something like get in optimal start a flanking circle with in a tolerance of optimal distance,  as this would give some more realism to the 'fight' when shooting at the NPCs.

its unrealistic that a "dying" robot is trying to kamikazee into his attacker? tongue

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:

its unrealistic that a "dying" robot is trying to kamikazee into his attacker? tongue

No, however, they love getting in yo face right from the get go.   This ain't that Ocean Rift movie ... We don't have melee bots.  Would be interesting though.

-Ensi

don't mention that movie... horrible plot.

the melee weapon was probably not implemented for a rather simple reason (you can see it on the robopedia tyrannos) -> not knowing how to do it.

It would make high end farming on Beta and Gamma good.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.