Topic: Converting Normal Account to Steam Account

What happens if I use the offer to convert my Normal Account to a Steam Account? If I do that will I be required to use Steam to play, or will it simply allow me to use Steam to play? I also play Elder Scrolls Online (which I bought on Steam) and with that game I can play with the Steam client, or I can download the stand-alone client and play without it. Is Perpetuum like that?

Re: Converting Normal Account to Steam Account

no.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

So once converted, the stand-alone client will no longer work for me?

You simply receive the game into your Steam library, so it's not a conversion. This doesn't touch your Perpetuum account in any way, so you will simply have the option to play with the same account under Steam or with the standalone client.

Sidenote for everyone else reading this: this option is only available for players who received the game for free at our Steam launch.

Thank you for the clarification. It sounds like it works exactly the same way as ESO. Which is ideal cool

Sieges wrote:

Thank you for the clarification. It sounds like it works exactly the same way as ESO. Which is ideal cool

Not exactly, because it doesn't work in the Steam purchase->standalone use direction. ESO probably uses an authentication method that is completely separated from Steam, which is not true for us.

That's a good point ^^^

If I decide I don't want to use Steam anymore and remove it from my PC, how will I log into a standalone copy of Perpetuum? Will my email address still work? Or will I always have to use my Steam account to log in?

Sieges wrote:

That's a good point ^^^

If I decide I don't want to use Steam anymore and remove it from my PC, how will I log into a standalone copy of Perpetuum? Will my email address still work? Or will I always have to use my Steam account to log in?

I think so yes, I use my normal Perp account as a standalone (no Steam), or fire Steam up and play through there on same account.

RIP PERPETUUM

Sieges wrote:

That's a good point ^^^

A pure Steam-authenticated Perpetuum account is only created when someone purchases the game on Steam and doesn't have an old email-based account.

Your old email-based account will always stay that way, regardless whether you use it with the Steam client or not. (This is how account linking works too.)