1 (edited by Ville 2014-12-02 16:38:41)

Topic: Gamma Mining Tower

Let's cut the bullshit, Gamma is a complete waste of *** time and overall *** excuse for anyone ever to go out there for other reasons than Epeen.  So I propose something in addition to something that has already been suggested. 

A Real Mining TOWER-

I put energy cells into the mining tower, the tower than BY ITSELF mines up Ore and stores it in its "holding bay"  ~ 2160 U.  Then ANYONE can go up to the tower and remove the ore in a hauler.  The catch 22.  It flags you when you open the compartment to remove ore.  The mining tower will mine any material it is on top of.

The tower has 1 reinforcement stage and will stop working when its in reinforced.

It mines at a rate of 1 Riveler mk2 T4 fit.

A HARVESTING TOWER

The Harvesting tower does the same as a mining tower.  But harvests plants to 1 cycle and only checks every hour for new plant growth.  AND has a minimal placement of 1500 M Away from ANY terminal or 1000 M.

-Automatic harvests planted incubators. and goes into the holding compartment.

It Harvests at a rate of 1 Symb mk2 T4 fit.

T1 towers(mining and harvesting) -  Have a diameter of 300 M
T2: 450 M
T3: 600 M

These items would improve gamma life.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

2 (edited by Celebro 2014-12-02 16:37:44)

Re: Gamma Mining Tower

Ville dude, why are you wasting your time in gamma?

RIP PERPETUUM

This is not news. Beta is just the same. I've been watching and quietly amused by the *** waving you've all done until you get to the point we were a year ago.

I'm not that's why I am on the killboard.

BankOfEngland wrote:

This is not news. Beta is just the same. I've been watching and quietly amused by the *** waving you've all done until you get to the point we were a year ago.

Well said, Jita :)

RIP PERPETUUM

BankOfEngland wrote:

Do you mean Gamma?  And No, if you knew the amount of time/effort/logistics/determination on the back end that goes into making a gamma fully secured you'd still have corp members to log in to.

Ville wrote:
BankOfEngland wrote:

Do you mean Gamma?  And No, if you knew the amount of time/effort/logistics/determination on the back end that goes into making a gamma fully secured you'd still have corp members to log in to.

Fully secured? If that's true, I don't know why they wiped it.

RIP PERPETUUM

Yeah Fully secured.  Which means having people in places to defend your assets.  Not sit back and watch the game play itself but actually have bots/people/sparks I correct locations to provide a defense against anything the ENTIRE server can throw at it.

Mining tower wouldnt be bad. Definitely needs a small bay though and flagging is good smile

Zoom doesn't develop the game along the lines of what would be better or more sensible, he develops it along the lines of "how can newbies on alpha compete against evil vets on beta/gamma who want tot destroy my game", meaning everything on beta/gamma got nerfed and is worthless so nobody bothers playing for much longer once they figure out macroing liquizit or botting spawns on alpha is the end-game.

Sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

"how can newbies on alpha compete against evil vets on beta/gamma who want tot destroy my game"

pls stop thinking like that, they are simply not, I know, you dont.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Ville, I think that could help a bit! I want that towers at alpha also big_smile

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Inda wrote:
Syndic wrote:

"how can newbies on alpha compete against evil vets on beta/gamma who want tot destroy my game"

pls stop thinking like that, they are simply not, I know, you dont.

Based on the last patch, I have to disagree.

I have more info about their thinking than you.

The last pacth about "balancing" they tried to help the newbies more, but not because "vets destroy" the game. They just dont think that.

Energy to Earth!

Ville wrote:

Not sit back and watch the game play itself

Isn't this what you are proposing?  Sit back and have a mining tower mine for you.

I agree they don't think.

CIR Complaint Form

Ville wrote:

Yeah Fully secured.  Which means having people in places to defend your assets.  Not sit back and watch the game play itself but actually have bots/people/sparks I correct locations to provide a defense against anything the ENTIRE server can throw at it.

Stop acting like your some tactical mastermind. You just have a greater number of older players who's played before with each other than anyone else.

Jesus, some people are deluded.

Remember when STC did the same thing claiming they were all awesome?

Pepperidge farm remembers.

Sounds like a server coalition #4 in the wraps amirite

CIR Complaint Form

Altera wrote:
Ville wrote:

Not sit back and watch the game play itself

Isn't this what you are proposing?  Sit back and have a mining tower mine for you.

Not really. 

There's a *** ton of logistics here.

Take colixum for example.  Say the fields on the other side of the island, I have to run command nodes over there and put the tower down.  And build everything.  Once it's built it just stays there and mines over time freeing up my time to do other things with my friends, like having fun.  I then have to take my hauler out there and get the materials.  If it's open to anyone than ninjas could acquire ores that way.

dunno why, but
all of villes gamma problems sound like he's always alone out there.

NPCs that take hours to kill
NPCs that are able to kill his miner
Mining that takes effort

Must be very lonely behind those Defense turrets.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

dunno why, but
all of villes gamma problems sound like he's always alone out there.

NPCs that take hours to kill
NPCs that are able to kill his miner
Mining that takes effort

Must be very lonely behind those Defense turrets.

http://i.imgur.com/gesBWSS.jpg

Thank God Gamma was tested!

22 (edited by Burial 2014-12-03 17:58:53)

Syndic wrote:

There's no need to change or add anything, anyone who was the capability will see the industrial benefit in the 10-15% cumulative bonus on refining, prototyping, reverse-engineering, factory, recycling. Simply put, producing on Gamma is a lot cheaper and easier then on Beta, nevermind on Alpha.

Ville, told ya.

In before Burial Edits his post a fourth or fifth time.

It's a bad idea by the way. -1

I agree that gamma needs more incentive atm as effort vs reward is poor due to several reasons discussed in several threads, but I don't think, that this game needs autonomous resource gathering in a way that is feed into production.