Topic: Crash while doing anything

Hi, I just started few days ago and I got a very BIG problem. I crash every 5-15 minutes for NO REASON at all, doing anything ranging from checking something inside the terminal (equipping a bot, taking his cargo, research, and so on), to attacking npcs bots or just walking around. It crashes without a error log window, it just shut up the game =\ I hope someone of you could help me
PC spec:
GeForce GTX 650 2 GB DDR5 Pci-E Dual DVI / VGA / Dual HDMI
8 GB ram
intel Core i7-3770 QUAD-CORE 3.40 Ghz
GIGABYTE Motherboard GA-Z77-DS3H Socket LGA 1155 Chipset Intel Z77 ATX

The game with all settings on ultra run smoothly

Re: Crash while doing anything

Unfortunately if there is no error or crash window then it's quite hard to say anything. I can't even remember anyone reporting such an issue over the years. Does the perpetuum.log file in the game folder hint anything?

I had 1 client that did that.  I deleted it and clean installed it.  fixed it for me.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

4 (edited by Downstrike 2014-11-21 14:15:30)

ok perhaps i found a way to fix that: i'm using razer cortex to boost my game, and removed: shadows, put the anisotropic to x12 and anti-aliasing to x6, this way it works, i could try to put again shadows and see if they do something, but i'm sure it's anisotropic that makes me crash
EDIT:

DEV Zoom wrote:

Unfortunately if there is no error or crash window then it's quite hard to say anything. I can't even remember anyone reporting such an issue over the years. Does the perpetuum.log file in the game folder hint anything?

there are the logs (opened them with notepad) and there's nothing inside, moreover they're at 0 KB, so i suppose there's nothing to do with them tongue

Did you consider that maybe that "razer cortex" is what causing the crashes in the first place?

Perhaps i didn't explain that good: i wasn't using "Razer Cortex" while having those crashes, i started using it at a time and meanwhile i tweaked the graphic settings, perhaps the 2 things are related, or perhaps it's just graphic settings. The main thing is that now the problem is almost solved, i've a crash just sometimes when i leave the client opened for sometime while i'm afk^^ that's fine smile