Topic: We need GM online

Lost Mech because lagspike:(

Re: We need GM online

lol join the club, and start farming nic/mins. lol

Contact me in game via e-mail or PM for -CS- recruitment information.

-I do not believe they comp losses due to lagspikes generally. If they did...that would be unfortunate.

And atypical of MMOs in general. Sorry for your loss, but as above, i recommend immediately jumping back in the bot and churning NIC.

Good journey to you.

Rattletrap

4 (edited by Lheomuh 2010-12-31 18:06:02)

well imagine later in the game when we drive "Super-Mechs" with months of work under the belt and then when serverlag happens your mech goes bumm....=dead game...

btw the Gm can check the serverlogs and see that it wasnt my fault...

they wont. it's standard kindergarten ethics, do it for one, do it for everyone. They simply can't. it sucks, but it's got to be that way, or nothing would ever get done. This is why Devs put so much effort into reducing server lag and fixing optimizations, so that when those "super mechs" come rolling out, this wont be an issue (in theory...)

Contact me in game via e-mail or PM for -CS- recruitment information.

Only if the hiccup was server side.

WARNING: This is a full loot game.  Don't undock in something you can't afford to lose.

->You just lost The Game<-

They need to make a strict rule set for returns. A simple "No returns while on PVP island" would be cool. Alpha island (Non-PVP) should be returned if it can be proved you weren't online.

This could however be abused so the amount of times someone can complain about lag and request a refund should be limit to 1 or 2 a month. Or they shouldn't return anything. It's far too easy to get robots for next to nothing with almost no time investment. If you can't afford to lose it, don't use it.

If you're not willing to say deploy because it might risk your internet pixels then you need to choose a different game. The later game PVP will ruin you.

The Game

1. the lag was serverside (there were  some people who lost there mechs)
2. they can check the serverlogs, i would never ever want a new mech when it was my fault (or my PCs fault)

Thanks, i have it back smile
(Serverlogs proved it)

10 (edited by Recognizer 2011-01-01 00:46:18)

Alexander wrote:

They need to make a strict rule set for returns. A simple "No returns while on PVP island" would be cool. Alpha island (Non-PVP) should be returned if it can be proved you weren't online...

As far as i know, there is a strict "no revive of bots destroyed in PvP combat"-rule already.

I think it was mentioned early after release, when someone wrote that corp claimed that their bots got refunded after many of them crashed during an intrusion event. DEV Post here

*edited bolded part in*

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

We never claimed to have gotten our bots back.  People just assumed we would get them back so they started that rumor with no input from us.  People are lemmings and will believe whatever they hear if its said with enough capital letters.

Even the F***ING mods are starting to believe the hearsay in these forums.  We're quickly running down the slippery slope of biased and corrupt GM's and mods.  Awesome.

->You just lost The Game<-

Neoxx wrote:

We never claimed to have gotten our bots back.  People just assumed we would get them back so they started that rumor with no input from us.  People are lemmings and will believe whatever they hear if its said with enough capital letters.

Even the F***ING mods are starting to believe the hearsay in these forums.  We're quickly running down the slippery slope of biased and corrupt GM's and mods.  Awesome.

All but calling the GM's and mods corrupt!!.............nice save lemming

Lheomuh wrote:

well imagine later in the game when we drive "Super-Mechs" with months of work under the belt and then when serverlag happens your mech goes bumm....=dead game...

btw the Gm can check the serverlogs and see that it wasnt my fault...

No doubt they do have such logs, but GM/Dev time isn't free.  A rule from another related game applies here. "Don't fly(drive) what you can't afford to replace".  I know its harsh, but thats the breaks in these types of games.

If you can't kill it, don't make it mad.

Wraithbane...the important point is, when you lost your mech, you get it back, when it was the fault of the Server:D