Topic: No more ICE

Can we still sell store items for in-game money? I have been away for a year or so.

Re: No more ICE

no

There is no monthly subscription, how can there be ICE?

RIP PERPETUUM

I have to answer this don't I.

Boosters need a in game form of trading so that you have the option of "upgrading" your account without any RL cash injection. 

This simply transfers another parties cash from them into a form that the user can use.

I am Perpetuum.

I need ICE back.

+1 to ICE!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

I realize there is no more subscription fees. I was thinking that the cash items we can buy today might be tradeable. Sounds like they are not.

8 (edited by Burial 2014-11-04 14:43:52)

Credits don't need an in-game form of trading.

Players looking for NIC shouldn't be able to buy credits for cash and resell for NIC. Instead, they should be earning NIC with the means available to them at that point of their careers.

Burial wrote:

Credits don't need an in-game form of trading.

Players looking for NIC shouldn't be able to buy credits for cash and resell for NIC. Instead, they should be earning NIC with the means available to them at that point of their careers.

Why not? it allows players who don't want to grind NIC all day a method of entry, and it allows people who want to use credits without spending cash a way to get them.

Best part is that everyone benefits, including the developers who could well see an increase in credit purchases.

10 (edited by Burial 2014-11-04 18:59:56)

Progenator wrote:

Best part is that everyone benefits...

...except the players forced to compete against others buying their NIC for cash.

whats wrong with that?  The prices normalize after X number of months anyways until a grind per $ is hashed out.  Let the free market decide.  This would be a great thing!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

mm yeah STC doesnt want it because they already got their NIC via sploits, they dont want anyone else to catch up

its too bad NIC doesnt win fights

+1 to ICE! smile

+1 to ice. More nic in game cannot destabilize the economy, it actually would help balance it as it would primarily result in new players redistributing assets from old players in to nic which over time would devalue the nic.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

This is not the same as the ICE of old where you traded gametime with NIC. This is about making Perp Credits transferable in order to buy, boosters and in the future many other perks. I would remain quite cautious to implement atm.

RIP PERPETUUM

Can anyone quantify what they think is bad about them? What negative effects would they have?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

17 (edited by Celebro 2014-11-05 17:36:21)

Jita wrote:

Can anyone quantify what they think is bad about them? What negative effects would they have?

For instance Skills now are connected to a booster, therefore introducing grind with NIC to skill up faster.

RIP PERPETUUM

18 (edited by Burial 2014-11-06 17:47:41)

Players already have direct control over their NIC by playing harder or playing smarter. It's the motive of the game that fuels player interaction, it's one of the forces behind alliances, conflicts and wars. It's deeply game-breaking when some players can just buy it from other more prosperous and successful players.

People are unequal in-game and in real life. How do you balance progression with playing versus progression with buying without destroying the motive of the game and making it P2W? 'Free market' just balances it against the rich in-game and in real life.

EP is time-locked. This is the commodity the cash-shop should be based on since no in-game action increases it. Let players buy boosters or EP packages if they feel it enables them to play the game better.

After a certain point, NIC becomes worthless.

ICE provided uses for NIC in these situations, and its a situation that only long term players face....

I propose some sort of NIC function, a massive NIC sink that ICE use to be, to replace the lack of ICE as a feasible system.

I mean....even if they added ICE for perp-credits....theres nothing to spend them on other than eternal boosters, which people who have the current "NIC has no more use for me" issue probably don't need.

If they added some more cash shop functions, decorative of course...I would like to see the steam marketplace used to sell player bought and sold ICE redeemable for perp-credits....

Other than that, I cant think of any proper NIC sink for long term wealthy players other than gambling mechanics for the very rare chance of t4+ gear.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

20 (edited by Burial 2014-11-07 19:05:43)

Fixing Betas provides one feasible NIC-sink. Sharp increase of risk doesn't work with Alpha-level rewards.

The primary reason ice got sold was gamma. It's honestly so absurdly easy to make nic in this game the sinks would have to be humongous. If nic actually mattered I'd be a trillionare by now easily.