Topic: Perpetuum - Game community and developers at odds with each other.

Read here

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Re: Perpetuum - Game community and developers at odds with each other.

alarming situation

3 (edited by Smokeyii 2014-10-03 18:30:47)

I fail to see what you seek to garner by posting this topic on mmorpg.com.

Are you trying to bully the devs into your way of thinking? You're right though, this community is poisonous, with the most vile and disgusting being either in your corporation or allied to it. So, congrats on that, I guess.

I think it revolves around the stigma that the veteran players should put aside their own"fun" gaming experience and cater to those who have not been in the trenches.  I for one like seeing players have a goal, train for that goal and execute in an efficient manner to achieve the goal.  It pains me when people who haven't been in the trenches, haven't planned and haven't trained complaining that a well organized group of individuals is holding the game hostage by denying the content to others. 

Reopening of gamma should have included a few things:
-  All Gamma structures should have been converted to materials in commodities and all Cts should have been removed.
Which btw, we suggested.

Repeated attacking of players in an attempt to belittle or insult others should result in a 7 day IP ban.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

5 (edited by Gremrod 2014-10-03 18:38:52)

Smokeyii wrote:

Are you trying to bully the devs into your way of thinking? You're right though, this community is poisonous, with the most vile and disgusting being either in your corporation or allied to it. So, congrats on that, I guess.

Did you read what I wrote or did you only see what your eyes/mind would allow you to see?

Because you must of skipped right over this part at the end.

The developers need to convey their vision for the future of Perpetuum. Once this is done I think a lot of the poison seen in the communities posts will subside and the game will start to see successful strides.

I invite you to come and become part of this very passionate and exciting community and team of developers and players in Perpetuum!

Do you think your helping bad mouthing the game on mmorg's forums?

Look it's bad enough that your corporations stated aim is to harass certain corporations and individuals from the game, that your cooperation deliberately follows a policy of content denial to two thirds of the game for anyone but your alliance and that you deliberately seek to harass people on Alpha. That you deliberately abuse the games mechanics to gain advantage and prevent new corporations from hiring through a policy of corp theft and spies. That you make recordings of people to belittle them, that you use peoples personal explicit pictures as your team speak avatar.

Now your bringing this out of the game in an even more transparent effort to turn people away from it.

If you hate the game and it's players so much then leave already.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Nice, back handed dig at the Dev's... That'll definitely help the game roll

You removed more people from the game than any other entity ever could by promising them leadership then vanishing.

Ta-Da-  !!

for reals look in the mirror, how many people were in those corps from  Demolition Patrol?

k thx bye

Jita wrote:

Look it's bad enough that your corporations stated aim is to harass certain corporations and individuals from the game, that your cooperation deliberately follows a policy of content denial to two thirds of the game for anyone but your alliance and that you deliberately seek to harass people on Alpha. That you deliberately abuse the games mechanics to gain advantage and prevent new corporations from hiring through a policy of corp theft and spies. That you make recordings of people to belittle them, that you use peoples personal explicit pictures as your team speak avatar.

Now your bringing this out of the game in an even more transparent effort to turn people away from it.

Gremrod wrote:
Smokeyii wrote:

Did you read what I wrote or did you only see what your eyes/mind would allow you to see?

Because you must of skipped right over this part at the end.

The developers need to convey their vision for the future of Perpetuum. Once this is done I think a lot of the poison seen in the communities posts will subside and the game will start to see successful strides.

I invite you to come and become part of this very passionate and exciting community and team of developers and players in Perpetuum!

That's kinda like saying "You're a worthless waste of space, you're no good for anything, we should put you out of our misery."  And then adding "I mean no disrespect" and the end of it and thinking that that makes up for the rest of the crap you said.

And the poison I speak of in your post here in this thread.

Supremacy wrote:

You removed more people from the game than any other entity ever could by promising them leadership then vanishing.

Ta-Da-  !!

for reals look in the mirror, how many people were in those corps from  Demolition Patrol?

k thx bye

Jita wrote:

Very poor attempt at deflection tactics!  "You smell!"  "You smell worse!" Nanananana!

"You removed more people from the game than any other entity ever could by promising them leadership then vanishing.

Ta-Da-  !!

k thx bye"

Seriously gunner? Are you referring to Cons? Because the way I saw it their membership started to decline by a lot while they were still allied to us, and even after they left their membership fell apart. All we did was try to include them, but when you lot had them so riddled with spies and nutcuppers we couldn't trust them.

So look at your own alliance mates for that. cir is responsible for driving more people from the game with their underhanded tactics, starting with ecorp nearly 4 years ago. Pot calling the kettle black when it's stainless steel.

Gremrod wrote:

Well what do you expect when you post troll threads!

Jita wrote:

Now we know this is not true. Does anyone think this is true? If so I will leave.

Jelan wrote:
Gremrod wrote:

Its not a troll thread. I don't know how to troll.

I do blog posts on mmorpg.com about the game all the time.

Oh well, I'm not really sure if the message can be heard through the amount of heavy political propaganda going on, that aims to benefit certain individuals/corporations/playstyles. However, good post anyway Grem, I agree to it, especially to the following parts:

Since the game is developed with a lot of input from the community it is hard at times to see the vision since the developers have not written down that vision for the game. If they have one they have not shared it with the community. So at the current time different parts of the community are at odds with one another and the community is at odds with the developers

A LOT of companies in many different areas of business suffer from exact same problems, that lead to stagnation. In gamedev industry it can especially be seen, when for example developers might be masters of code, graphics, arts, etc. etc., however lack necessary knowledge in business strategic management and economics (as it is still a business after all).

TBH, on AC's place I'd start proper reformation first from the office and management, rather than performing changes in the game itself. At least this is how it seems to me from player's perspective, as obviously we are pretty much blind at what happens inside and which direction is the game headed.

PS: it would be nice if at least THIS THREAD could be kept clean without same 3-4 doom preachers going around the forum and mentioning/implying same things in each and every one of their posts, with offensive and political subtext.

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

Gremrod wrote:
Jita wrote:

Now we know this is not true. Does anyone think this is true? If so I will leave.

I don't Gremrod and to be honest you're one of the only shining lights in the darkness that is cir/77th.

Gremrod wrote:
Jelan wrote:
Gremrod wrote:

You aren't that naive!  I'd be proud of that troll thread, you've even got me posting from my phone!

If it isn't a troll thread then it's a disgraceful post on mmorpg, your call

Weedy wrote:

Oh well, I'm not really sure if the message can be heard through the amount of heavy political propaganda going on, that aims to benefit certain individuals/corporations/playstyles. However, good post anyway Grem, I agree to it, especially to the following parts:

Since the game is developed with a lot of input from the community it is hard at times to see the vision since the developers have not written down that vision for the game. If they have one they have not shared it with the community. So at the current time different parts of the community are at odds with one another and the community is at odds with the developers

A LOT of companies in many different areas of business suffer from exact same problems, that lead to stagnation. In gamedev industry it can especially be seen, when for example developers might be masters of code, graphics, arts, etc. etc., however lack necessary knowledge in business strategic management and economics (as it is still a business after all).

TBH, on AC's place I'd start proper reformation first from the office and management, rather than performing changes in the game itself. At least this is how it seems to me from player's perspective, as obviously we are pretty much blind at what happens inside and which direction is the game headed.

PS: it would be nice if at least THIS THREAD could be kept clean without same 3-4 doom preachers going around the forum and mentioning/implying same things in each and every one of their posts, with offensive and political subtext.

In ride the fanbois on their Mk2's

20 (edited by Gremrod 2014-10-03 19:04:26)

Jelan wrote:
Gremrod wrote:
Jelan wrote:

You aren't that naive!  I'd be proud of that troll thread, you've even got me posting from my phone!

I think it is a great post on mmorpg that lets people know about the gaming commmunity here and how we are trying to work with a dev team to make a game they can be proud of and one we love to play.

Like sometimes a cigar is just a cigar... sometimes a post is just a post.

I am referring to the 400+ accounts from the members of DP alliance that Jita promised leadership to and security but the result was absence and rhetoric.

Smokeyii wrote:

"You removed more people from the game than any other entity ever could by promising them leadership then vanishing.

Ta-Da-  !!

k thx bye"

Seriously gunner? Are you referring to Cons? Because the way I saw it their membership started to decline by a lot while they were still allied to us, and even after they left their membership fell apart. All we did was try to include them, but when you lot had them so riddled with spies and nutcuppers we couldn't trust them.

So look at your own alliance mates for that. cir is responsible for driving more people from the game with their underhanded tactics, starting with ecorp nearly 4 years ago. Pot calling the kettle black when it's stainless steel.

Gremrod wrote:
Jelan wrote:
Gremrod wrote:

I think it is a great post on mmorpg that lets people know about the gaming commmunity here and how we are trying to work with a dev team to make a game they can be proud of and one we love to play.

Let me correct you then, it is not a great post..

Jelan wrote:
Gremrod wrote:
Jelan wrote:

Let me correct you then, it is not a great post..

Okay.

Supremacy wrote:

I am referring to the 400+ accounts from the members of DP alliance that Jita promised leadership to and security but the result was absence and rhetoric.

Smokeyii wrote:

Ta-Da-  !!

k thx bye"

I don't know where you're getting your information, but considering that I have firsthand knowledge of leadership discussions for the most part, I don't remember a single promise to give anyone leadership in DP. Brandon and texaspete  and another one from Cons were leadership in the alliance and were included in all of the alliancewide discussions.

And don't you remember all the posts you made about how to kill an alliance and everything after it happened, and now you want to blame it on Jita? Get real. Did you take your meds today?

Didn't Syndic list it in his greatest achievements to succesfully shut down any interaction between DEVs and Player?

for me pot calling kettle black topic...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear