Re: The psychology behind 'losing'.

Syndic wrote:

Your existence is an affront to us.

Go play diablo. lol

Speaking of existence, I see the existence of PvP is still quite high, just tell me... tell me, flippin tell me! Who are you making "content" with now? CONs don't want to PvP your mechs/heavies anymore while outmatched in every possible way, we stopped giving a ***, you took south iseitsu which resulted in you losing ANY "content" that the STAG reminants were providing you, and you pretty much have rofl stomped any other corp, or individual who even dares go onto ANY beta island in the game, so again, tell me...

How do you plan to make PvP content now?

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

It's pretty simple.

The people who are here in this thread all got their *** kicked up and down.

That isnt fun for line people and they lost confidence in leadership and stop logging in.

You all keep telling yourselves that its ok, but the bottom line is you lost and everyone stopped playing.

In That Order.

Good luck with Gamma with that type of track record of constantly letting your teams down.

derp

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

I do love it when beast begs for information. big_smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

BeastmodeGuNs wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Your existence is an affront to us.

Go play diablo. lol

Speaking of existence, I see the existence of PvP is still quite high, just tell me... tell me, flippin tell me! Who are you making "content" with now? CONs don't want to PvP your mechs/heavies anymore while outmatched in every possible way, we stopped giving a ***, you took south iseitsu which resulted in you losing ANY "content" that the STAG reminants were providing you, and you pretty much have rofl stomped any other corp, or individual who even dares go onto ANY beta island in the game, so again, tell me...

How do you plan to make PvP content now?

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/105098/

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

SmokeyIndustries wrote:
Ville wrote:
SmokeyIndustries wrote:

RESET EACH OTHER YET?

No?

YOU LOSE ARGUEMENT.

I can't overcome willful ignorance. Your lack of responsibility for your actions is pathological. Even cons have admitted to more mistakes than your alliance.

Please enlighten everyone to our mistakes! We're not the ones that manufactured excuses to hate the other team so as to drive them from the game, nor was that ever our intention to begin with when we left the alliance. We set out to shake things up, get some more pvp, and we did. YOU and YOURS made it a mission to destroy by any means nessicary, that which you didn't like, as if our existence was somehow an affront to you.

I guess our biggest mistake really is thinking that STAG would hold their own on another island, but they up and disappeared as soon as we left the alliance. Our intention was a 3 way fight like the old days. But, alas, you're not interested in anything but dominating everyone and everything.

Reset each other yet?

Any alliance whose purpose is not the intention to wage war is senseless and useless.

It takes 2 sides to fight a war... Seems like you are 1 short..

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Not really.  Minecraft and various other Mobas are cool.

Rage Blackout wrote:

It's pretty simple.

The people who are here in this thread all got their *** kicked up and down.

That isnt fun for line people and they lost confidence in leadership and stop logging in.

You all keep telling yourselves that its ok, but the bottom line is you lost and everyone stopped playing.

In That Order.

Good luck with Gamma with that type of track record of constantly letting your teams down.

derp

And you guys are proud of the fact that you've killed all the competiton in the game, thereby killing the game. Congratz, you beat Perpetuum, enjoy your hollow victory.

Reset each other yet?

These organizations kill themselves, we just help expedite it a bit.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Game is not dead, just in a coma.

STC reigned over the server for long time too. I'm sure they were also blamed by some for its 'death.'

A few voices may point fingers of blame but reasonable people see through the bullshit. Game's issues are development, content, and mechanics, NOT player Behavior.

This game will always have *** ...like me. If you don't like it you can take my venerable Old Man's advice and Get Your Tough *** Card Punched.

Sparking to other games

when the activity of some mentally don't healthy players down, the game will come to life. just wait smile

Rex Amelius wrote:

A few voices may point fingers of blame but reasonable people see through the bullshit. Game's issues are development, content, and mechanics, NOT player Behavior.

yes and no.
Whenever the DEVs tweak something into a direction that changes moldy, crappy game mechanics that someone got used to, there is a minor group of players starting a campaign just to keep these mechanics intact, blaming the DEVs that they don't know how their game works, and putting so much stress on them, that they cannot differ between constructive and cesspool-feedback anymore.

in that case, player are to blame for how much game game went into the wrong direction.

the game has EA status atm, thats the best time to do crazy balancing changes, testing stuff. ***** those whiny ***** who don't know what it means.
The game was not EA three month ago? Who cares, you could have stopped playing the moment you had to re-accept the "User licencse agreement" again.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Rex Amelius wrote:

STC reigned over the server for long time too. I'm sure they were also blamed by some for its 'death.'

This game will always have *** ...like me. If you don't like it you can take my venerable Old Man's advice and Get Your Tough *** Card Punched.

See, that's where you're wrong. It's all of those things you mentioned, AND player behavior. For most of the people I know it's the lack of will to log in and fight, knowing that a) at some point we will get outnumbered by the current largest alliance and die, and b) there will be mass amounts of trolling, slandering, and badmouthing we will get in any scenario that happens to involve you folks.

Why would I or anyone else really, want to log in and grind missions or npcs over and over when the end result will always be the above? I don't mind working for the things I need to fight in game, a lot of people don't. But there's only so many times I and others like me can do the same thing over and over with the same outcome before we start looking for fun elsewhere.

I've told you before, you and your alliance have the power to change things for the better in this game for EVERYONE playing it, except maybe sindicks ego. Yay, you guys won! You defeated the evil JOKE and everyone else on the server and are the last 3 corps left standing. You've beaten everyone else into submission. NOW WHAT? Just sit back and watch as the game finally stops sputtering and dies? You could have many more fun engagements at your fingertips and yet you refuse to even consider the possibility. I'm sure some of the more hardcore JOKE guys would come back if you did, and you'd see even more small scale pvp.

You keep saying you guys are best buddies, so you don't want to break up your man love affair. Is it because of fear? Fear that you won't measure up against the competiton? Fear that you'll start to hate those guys that you were buddies with on a few weeks prior? If you were that good of friends, I'm sure that you could pvp against each other and keep it friendly - if you wanted to.

I know, wall of text; TL;DR You're wrong, player behavior is a MAJOR factor for the decline.

Reset each other yet?

39 (edited by Burial 2014-09-11 18:29:41)

Rex Amelius wrote:

Agreed. Defeat rests on choice every player has to make:

1. Cry and feel sorry for themselves.
2. Ragequit and play something else.
3. Learn, organize, build power and perform better.

'Engaging content' is different for everyone, but still, if the game had any then more people would choose #3.
Anyway, like Gandhi said, "Love the sinner, hate the sin".

Nothing on our side will change as far as CIR is concerned.

We will stand by our friends and allies as we've always done.

If that makes you quit the game, well that's your problem not ours. We're having plenty of fun. smile

CIR Complaint Form

Syndic wrote:

Nothing on our side will change as far as CIR is concerned.

We will stand by our friends and allies as we've always done.

We're having plenty of fun. smile

But you haz no PvP content! yikes

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

I don't think you realize what joy and content your collective posting provides to our people.

Our soundboards might be getting a little bit outdated, but we're developing a very large collection of screenshotted teary-eyed posts.

We'll make a card game out of them. lol

CIR Complaint Form

The elusive jabber fish has been know to adapt from pond to pond.

SmokeyIndustries wrote:
Rex Amelius wrote:

See, that's where you're wrong. It's all of those things you mentioned, AND player behavior. For most of the people I know it's the lack of will to log in and fight, knowing that a) at some point we will get outnumbered by the current largest alliance and die, and b) there will be mass amounts of trolling, slandering, and badmouthing we will get in any scenario that happens to involve you folks.

Why would I or anyone else really, want to log in and grind missions or npcs over and over when the end result will always be the above? I don't mind working for the things I need to fight in game, a lot of people don't. But there's only so many times I and others like me can do the same thing over and over with the same outcome before we start looking for fun elsewhere.

I've told you before, you and your alliance have the power to change things for the better in this game for EVERYONE playing it, except maybe sindicks ego. Yay, you guys won! You defeated the evil JOKE and everyone else on the server and are the last 3 corps left standing. You've beaten everyone else into submission. NOW WHAT? Just sit back and watch as the game finally stops sputtering and dies? You could have many more fun engagements at your fingertips and yet you refuse to even consider the possibility. I'm sure some of the more hardcore JOKE guys would come back if you did, and you'd see even more small scale pvp.

You keep saying you guys are best buddies, so you don't want to break up your man love affair. Is it because of fear? Fear that you won't measure up against the competiton? Fear that you'll start to hate those guys that you were buddies with on a few weeks prior? If you were that good of friends, I'm sure that you could pvp against each other and keep it friendly - if you wanted to.

I know, wall of text; TL;DR You're wrong, player behavior is a MAJOR factor for the decline.

Ville wrote:

5th - Every single one of your arguments is henceforth and forever NULL AND VOID and illegitimate until you are a) No longer the largest alliance in game, b) you reset each other. Hencefort and forever there is and forever will be a trump card to every argument you make in the form of 'Reset each other yet?" It shall be the end-all-be-all winning play in any argument you make regarding in game politics, feature discussions and request, and balancing.

If I am null and void, can you stop talking to us?  It really makes you look weak and pathetic.

Rex Amelius wrote:

Pretty much agree, but you can remove/change/balance  game mechanics that allow *** to negatively affect the game in a disproportionately large way.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

I thought everyone quit because of syndic and his evil 50 accounts....

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

What is losing?  well that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy.

I solve practical problems.

A think most older PvPers are well aware that losing is part of the whole concept. Doesnt matter how good, well geared or experienced you are, you lose sometimes. Might be harder for newer PvPers, but I guess its just a phase they have to go thru.

Losing is part of the game, if you can't handle it, then "harden the *** up" or play a theme park mmo. I've already lost some bots stupidly, but I have thick skin and can handle it.

50 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-09-16 09:22:07)

Progenator wrote:

Losing is part of the game, if you can't handle it, then "harden the *** up" or play a theme park mmo. I've already lost some bots stupidly, but I have thick skin and can handle it.

Oh you're going to be hugely popular. I can tell these things.

EDIT: Also, doesn't your name mean something forcefully sexual?

Sparking to other games