Topic: kamikaze bots bad idea ?

more I think about it sounds Dev creating a new type of blob zerg ? kamikaze blobs

take some cheap fast bots and suicide run into enemy mechs and assaults.... boom you win

-your lost is few mil for the kamikazes
-There lost is multi millions and time takes rebuild

Not sure how this going play out

Re: kamikaze bots bad idea ?

Dragonloff wrote:

more I think about it sounds Dev creating a new type of blob zerg ? kamikaze blobs

take some cheap fast bots and suicide run into enemy mechs and assaults.... boom you win

-your lost is few mil for the kamikazes
-There lost is multi millions and time takes rebuild

Not sure how this going play out

They'll just need to balance the cost/damage ouput ratio so that it's not rediculously effective. One other thought, they could make the self destruct feature only be haulable by sequers and cause a slowing effect so it's pretty obvious when one is slipping into your blob... but if they make it... big boom.

They said they wont be able to do something like a kamikazi intakt.  My guess is it will be very high in reactor requirement, very heavy to slow down your bot a TON (5000kg?) with maybe even an explosion size/damage amount depending on your bot size (more bot to blow up, more shrapnel flying when you blow up, more effective descrution).

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

im guessing its the sort of thing where you have to make a srs bizzniz decision on whether the cost of nerfing your fitting to ulamately loose your bot against fitting a bot that can not only win but walk home after

if its a jihad jeep then also win

I wonder whether installing a kamikaze module voids the insurance? roll

Crazygit wrote:

Haha yeah prob good counter.

Whanny wrote:
Crazygit wrote:

Haha yeah prob good counter.

I would hope so too.
And I am expecting that you can only fit them on robots that are mech and above. Suicide Kains! Send in three, start a chain reaction! big_smile

The Game

8 (edited by Gobla 2010-12-29 12:14:17)

My hope/guess it that the self-destruct module won't deal damage by itself but instead add a modifier to your standard on-death explosion that'll be coming.

That explosion was ( I think ) already confirmed to be based on bot-size. So I'm thinking that if you blow yourself up with the kamikaze module then it'll add like a 250% modifier to that.

Meaning that a heavy mech blowing up won't just take out nearby damaged light bots but also fully repped light bots without shields and damaged assault bots. But an intakt blowing up will stull cause only minor scratches on a mech without the module and a dent at most with the module.

*Insert really awesome sig here*