Topic: More than one Geoscanner please.

I would like to have more than one geoscanner on my artifacting bot.
I'm not sure if there is a good reason for only one geoscanner aloud on a bot at a time, But it would be nice to have 3 with dif charges so I don't have to change them so often I'm sure it would be handy for finding ore's as well.

Re: More than one Geoscanner please.

Yes, I don't understand one per bot rule for geoscanners.

Hmm, good question on the geoscanner being a unique equipped item like lwf.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

4 (edited by Annihilator 2014-07-18 17:18:47)

Gremrod wrote:

you know what.... i know it big_smile

long long time ago, there have been geoscanning missions, that asked you to succesfully scan a mineral several times. so to finish the mission fast, you have just equipped as many geoscanners as scans required and activated them all at once.

same reason why chassis and cargo scanners are unique modules - due to missions.
The "recon" mission got fixed later by disabling scanning the same npcs multiple times counting towards the mission goal, but the modules stayed as they are now.

a second reason for the restriction, that still exists, is to increase the value of T4 geoscanners aside of their accuracy due to their faster cycletime. A termis or argano can reach 100% without a T4.

history lesson - dismissed.

related patchnotes:
http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2010-08-24

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
Gremrod wrote:

Glad to see you smile about something. Bummer it is on something that is lame.

6 (edited by Gremrod 2014-07-18 19:00:58)

Annihilator wrote:
Gremrod wrote:

long long time ago, there have been geoscanning missions, that asked you to succesfully scan a mineral several times. so to finish the mission fast, you have just equipped as many geoscanners as scans required and activated them all at once.

same reason why chassis and cargo scanners are unique modules - due to missions.
The "recon" mission got fixed later by disabling scanning the same npcs multiple times counting towards the mission goal, but the modules stayed as they are now.

a second reason for the restriction, that still exists, is to increase the value of T4 geoscanners aside of their accuracy due to their faster cycletime. A termis or argano can reach 100% without a T4.

history lesson - dismissed.

related patchnotes:
http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Changelog:2010-08-24

Assignments should never be used to determine that an item needs to be unique. If so then there is a problem with the design of the assignment not the item.

How about 1 charge for everything big_smile

RIP PERPETUUM

Gremrod wrote:

Assignments should never be used to determine that an item needs to be unique. If so then there is a problem with the design of the assignment not the item.

its funny, since probably 50% of the anoying game changes are done because of exploitable mission design, which is sadly the only form of "PvE" the Devs have thought of.
you could say the same about changes that have been done due to PvP and/or griefing that had more effect on pve then what they had been intended to.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Celebro wrote:

This actually came up internally recently, and it would be possible to do.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Celebro wrote:

This actually came up internally recently, and it would be possible to do.

You know what came up internally? 

How about some GODDAMN CONTENT. =/

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

epic wrote:

I would like to have more than one geoscanner on my artifacting bot.
I'm not sure if there is a good reason for only one geoscanner aloud on a bot at a time, But it would be nice to have 3 with dif charges so I don't have to change them so often I'm sure it would be handy for finding ore's as well.

+l

Sparking to other games