Topic: Fight report

Hi Zoom,

just for feedback on the last fight

Kane Shafter / Shelts was rubberbanding heavily as was Helldog

Moonlight and Legendary both DC'd (same guy). Client settings were everything turned down, vsync on, low detail robots.

Something interesting is that Moonlight / Legendary were on the same PC and that guy had two accounts on a different PC using the same internet connection that did not crash. Does this mean that its client based and not connection perhaps?

Numbers wise that's about a third of the fleet.

Just feedback, hope it helps iron out any issues for future fights. If there's anything you want us to do while we beta test your game for early access then let us know.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

2 (edited by Ville 2014-07-16 16:29:26)

Re: Fight report

Interesting that Obi Wan who was likewise in the fight and in AU, had 0 Lag.  But Kane and Shelts did in Au.

I am more leaning to with Jita on the fact its client side. 

I swear to god I think it has to do with the freaking explosion animation.  When I farm NPCs I get choppy after things blow up.  The little spike happened after Jita num locked Four fingers Frankie into our group and we blew him up, and the people around fourfingers DC'd at that time.

But Kane shouldn't even showed up to fight.  He was warping in and out even when you guys jump through elia.  You had to stop and wait on him atleast 4 times.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

Interesting that Obi Wan who was likewise in the fight and in AU, had 0 Lag.  But Kane and Shelts did in Au.

I am more leaning to with Jita on the fact its client side. 

I swear to god I think it has to do with the freaking explosion animation.  When I farm NPCs I get choppy after things blow up.  The little spike happened after Jita num locked Four fingers Frankie into our group and we blew him up, and the people around fourfingers DC'd at that time.

But Kane shouldn't even showed up to fight.  He was warping in and out even when you guys jump through elia.  You had to stop and wait on him atleast 4 times.

Well cherno is in holland. If its server side then who knows wtf.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Moagrim and Slark are that ish area and it was nothing.  I think your on to something, about it being Client side.

All those NPCs that exploded on Beacon pits , must have taken its toll on the engine tongue

RIP PERPETUUM

Moonlight/Legendary and Hell Dog had a client crash, according to them. None of them sent in a crash report unfortunately.

7 (edited by Gremrod 2014-07-16 18:29:03)

DEV Zoom wrote:

Moonlight/Legendary and Hell Dog had a client crash, according to them. None of them sent in a crash report unfortunately.

Unfortunately the crash window popup to send the report crashes too. I had that happen the other day. wink

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

and i believe that unsent crash reports are still laying in the game folder as it always was. care to add a feature that looks for them on the game start and offers to send?

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Gremrod wrote:

Unfortunately the crash window popup to send the report crashes too. I had that happen the other day. wink

In that case you can find the .dmp file in the Perpetuum folder and send it to crash@perpetuum-online.com

DEV Zoom wrote:
Gremrod wrote:

In that case you can find the .dmp file in the Perpetuum folder and send it to crash@perpetuum-online.com

Okay.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

ok i uploaded the files ( and send the mail ) and yes ville is right when jita exploded my clients crashed on the pc the ones on the laptop where fine.

TRY NOT TO PILOT 5 BOTS EACH

REALLY

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Legendary wrote:

ok i uploaded the files ( and send the mail ) and yes ville is right when jita exploded my clients crashed on the pc the ones on the laptop where fine.

Thanks, we'll check them.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Legendary wrote:

Thanks, we'll check them.

I really hope you get to the bottom of this!  We want to get this under control asap!

15 (edited by Syndic 2014-07-16 20:58:25)

Syndic also has a fun video of the fight and orderly crashed retreats, it'll appear on the forums when its done uploading. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

Syndic also has a fun video of the fight and orderly crashed retreats, it'll appear on the forums when its done uploading. lol

That would help thank you. It's not hard is it.

i am noticing substantial lag between weapon cycle animation, the visual effect on screen, and if the target explodes there is also a delay.

everything on tellesis, ping average 40ms, regular spikes ~90ms and sometimes spikes to 250 ms, profiler not showing any relation between ping and this visual lag. (the red line only spikes on looting)

if you think thats unrelated, split it off please

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

The delay between a killshot and the explosion is intentional (internal reasons).