Topic: New assignments

This game needs more assignments and a better delivery system. Clicking through a list gets tedious, and doing them gets even more tedious. The whole thing needs to be worked on.

I'm thinking player made missions that can either be posted to a terminal or created as a data disk that can then be traded to an agent.

transportation missions:

Any player/corp leader puts together a package of real goods, market value of package is then calculated, and a percentage of said packages value is charged as a fee to the package creator. A destination is also set. Created packages get listed in some window that allows, at the click of a button, the creator to put the package and destination on the market for anyone to pick up as a transportation mission.

Players will be able to transport the package to the designated destination and collect a portion of the fee. Levels of difficulty scale with the value of the fee.

If the transporting player dies while in possession of the package, it's contents will not be lost. It will just be placed back on the market for another player to grab. The time limit can also be set by the package creator.

This idea is complete moot if I'm a huge noob and theres a super easy way to transfer stuff between terminals that I don't know yet, which is a big possibility.

Bounty Hunting:

Players will be able  to put a bounty on the head of any player they wish, for a fee proportional to the total EP you the poster have accumulated and the total EP designated player has accumulated. You may place as many bounty missions on the market as you wish, but if multiple bounties are in place for a single agent, the fee for posting the bounty increases with each available and active assignments, proportionate to the before mentioned EP. When a bounty assignment is accepted, it is removed from the terminal list (thus only one agent can accept a single bounty). An agent who has a posted bounty cannot accept his own assignment (but an alternate agent may, or a friend). There would be a time limit, where upon when not reached it is put back on the terminal list. The time limit is proportional only to the target accumulated EP.

Destroy and Recover:

Same theme as above. An assignment to recover a certain raw item or kernal is created, and a list of bots which drop said item is rendered. You the creator choose the area, time limit, and amount of items, and any additional items to be included in the reward. A fee is charged to you based on current market supply values, and the agent who takes the assignment, when completed, receives a portion of the fee as a reward (the portion is explained in a sec). The up side to the creator of the assignment is they will basically be able to lock in a great market supply price for an item before buying it out (and increasing the costs). The up side to the assignment taker is they might be able to get some nifty items from the rewards, plus whatever average demand value at the time of completion is. Thus, if studious Agents created destroy and recover missions at a time when the supply was high and demand was low, it will be a win win for both parties when the supply is low and the demand is high.

Re: New assignments

Seems to be similar to the "Contracts/Offline trading"-thread:
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … e-trading/

What you request in short is that players should be able to create assignments for any other players. The number of assignments a player can post should be limited by an extension.

Bounty hunting:

Why should the bounty depend on the EP of the poster? This would be a nic source which screams "exploit" me (Think of ppl with multiple accounts). The bounty should be taken from the poster's cash and there should be some minimum value (1mil). If you want someone killed, then pay for it wink
The number of bounty missions to kill a certain player must be limited. Once per week/month or otherwise it is possible to drive someone out of the game. There should also be some requirement like: You can only set up a bounty if the player, who is going to get killed, has killed another one.

Destroy and Recover:

It would be more general if you set up an assignment like "Get me item X for Y nic". Ppl then can decide if it is more efficient to simply buy the item from the market, produce or loot it.

transport missions:

The more I think about these missions, the more difficult it gets without doing harm to the game. (1) Assumed you let ppl transport some anonymous package. What should the person get who kills a player on his transportation route? A data console? Most definitely no! (2) Assumed you let ppl transport the real item. What keeps them from simply selling it on the market?

I didn't know there was already something like this out there! Yea I was thinking that the poster would have to pay the bounty fee, though I don't think I wrote that. The reason the fee would depend on the posters EP as well as the target, is because there needs to be a deterrent for higher level players picking on lower level ones. The system I was thinking of would enable the the assignment taker to kill the target in alpha islands.

I don't see how it would be able to be exploitable though... if the fee to post the bounty is scaled right it wouldn't be a problem. The actually bounty paid out to the bounty hunter would not match the fee paid by the poster to post the assignment, it would simply be a portion.

The transport mission would be really easy to work out. If the bot dies while carrying the anonymous package, the package does not appear in the container created. It simply goes back to the terminal and gets posted as an available assignment again. I know it doesn't make much sense in literal thinking, but it would have to work like that. I'm sure someone could put a spin to make it more real......

Bounty Missions:

Renamed Assassination Mission:

Offered by NPC. NIC payout dependant on total EP of Target.
Target randomly selected by NPC. You are shown a general area of where Target is at the time of mission accept.
Only 1 Assassination Mission will be offered at a time, per individual. Can be Accepted as a squad to distribute bounty.
Upon success, System Wide (Yellow Alert text, like when you leave safe area) is displayed depicting unlucky assassination victim (for lols).
24h Time to complete.
Target is attackable in Alpha by the Individual/Squad that accepted the Assassination Mission.
Target drops T4 LWF (ok maybe not this).

Lokked

That might work, but not a 24 hour period, and not with a squad. Think about how frustrating it would be for a noob to not have a fighting chance of getting to a terminal quickly and lose his hard earned cassel smile