Re: Playerbase

Jita wrote:
rieka9411 wrote:

i agree. watching this game die is just sad but i also have a feeling the devs arent listening to the community (of what its left at least)

Post beta they never really did. Mostly this is because the community don't really have a clue. There are still people in game who think the beat way for a dead game to go is more hardcore.

Sadly the dev ideas have not been successful either, although I'm of the opinion that is more an implementation problem rather than an idea problem. The ideas and code are usually fine, its their balancing and implementation that's horrific.

Is a little bit of everything, although you can't expect the world from such a small Dev team in terms of development time. At least own up and admit to one of the biggest mistakes, robot balancing, which I can still not bring myself to understand what it was all trying to achieve.

The playerbase was unanimous on the decision to revert back, but they never listened.

RIP PERPETUUM

PhistMage wrote:

Hiding from GC is tactic00l advantage. I even remember some people joining other language channels just to spy who is online. It's funny what kind of things people do to win a funny little pvp fight that has absolutley no meaning in a dead game.

not to forget that they start whining right after getting kicked from the channel for not follwing the channel-rules smile

Celebro wrote:

Is a little bit of everything, although you can't expect the world from such a small Dev team in terms of development time. At least own up and admit to one of the biggest mistakes, robot balancing, which I can still not bring myself to understand what it was all trying to achieve.
The playerbase was unanimous on the decision to revert back, but they never listened.

The game code suffers from NIH Syndrome,
the balancing is actually better then it was at release for combat,
but the balance outside combat is non-existant. MK2's are to common for their advantage.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Celebro wrote:

.... At least own up and admit to one of the biggest mistakes, robot balancing, which I can still not bring myself to understand what it was all trying to achieve.

^^ THIS 100% Balance before was good all that was needed was a few small tweaks & maybe a buff or 2 for bots / mechs that were under utilised.

But really the current lack of players is a culmination of many things. Most things stop at the DEVs feet. I think Perpetuum has always had a very good community for helping new players by enlarge. You'll always get a people who will be *** but as a whole I think the players have been as accomodating as you can expect in a sandbox game like perp.

The only real mass Quits I've seen have been due to the DEVs

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

The robot balance patch was such a travesty of ungodly proportions, I'm still laughing in disbelief that something like that ever managed to worm its way to the live server.

It was so bad mainly because the devs had no clue about what thatbwould do to fittings. They didn't realise that demob proof would be standard, that Seth mk2 was the new ictus, that gauss Seth outsanages gauss mesmer.

The ideas within the change were bad but the impacts outside of the intentions were worse.

The most terrible part of course was their complete inability to admit the mistake and do something about it. So fat down the line we have had nothing done. Truly awful.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

I'm a newer player who's walked into this game having no experience in EVE or any MMO sandbox game, besides the generic MMORPG's of old.  I don't know this game's politics, what it used to be, etc.  Blank slate.

I'm astounded by the amount of content and thought in each step of the process regarding this game.  Each portion is fleshed out just as much as it needs to be, with multiple options to go about it.  It seems everything in place is there.

There's just nobody to do the fun things.

I've seen little to no terraforming or player creation, no dangers to being on the unprotected islands besides NPC's, nothing exciting happening.

Maybe, just maybe, the population is so dismal because, at the end of the day, the goals that make this game enticing aren't being presented.  The question I've found myself asking have been "Why should I play this game if there won't be anything to do with the resources, funds, and gadgets I've obtained?"

I admit, I have not joined a corporation yet.  I honestly don't know which I'd like to get into.  But, what I do know is that I find myself believing that only a populated, active player-base in a corporation is what will keep me going in this game.  I hope I can find that, because this game has drawn me in like no other MMO before.

I think that, if we care about the survival and status of this game's population, we, the players, should try to do something about that.  WE should make it exciting and thrilling.

Hulk_Hogue wrote:

... no dangers to being on the unprotected islands besides NPC's, ...

When you think nobody is watching you, you're wrong !.

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

Race Drones wrote:
Hulk_Hogue wrote:

... no dangers to being on the unprotected islands besides NPC's, ...

When you think nobody is watching you, you're wrong !.

You mean that PHM proximity sensor I've walked past a couple times a day?

It's been so safe that I've repeatedly risked all my money repeatedly running trade through there.  tongue

Hulk_Hogue wrote:

Shoot it. See what happens.

Hulk_Hogue wrote:

WE should make it exciting and thrilling.

I think most corp leaders have tried that, then they get dissolutioned about the amount of promises and poor delivery by the Devs. If the Devs had concentrated more on giving leaders the right tools to build up coporations like easier corp management tools etc and then leaders can get their members more enganged, it might have been a different story.

Most good corp leaders have just burned out IMO. The amount of work involved is outstanding.

RIP PERPETUUM

36 (edited by Annihilator 2016-06-07 21:14:42)

Hulk_Hogue wrote:

I've seen little to no terraforming or player creation,...

go to the most northern island, where the dragons live.
you may be able to see terraformed terrain a few seconds before you get shot down by a few hundred missiles from those playerbase turrets that appear out of nowhere if you go there in a bot with bad sensors.

i suggest a castel with a lightweight frame and a masking module to get to see it.

Hulk_Hogue wrote:

..., no dangers to being on the unprotected islands besides NPC's,...

even those npcs are to much for the inhabitants of that northern island. you can dig up countless posts about how evil those npcs are to those behind those defense turrets that only shoot at noobs that get to close

Hulk_Hogue wrote:

..., nothing exciting happening.

well... we had times when DEVs and GMs logged in to have fun with the player,
but that ceased after a certain vocal player group started a campaign about how bad it is that the DEVs actually have contact with their playerbase.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Ludlow Bursar wrote:
Hulk_Hogue wrote:

Shoot it. See what happens.

nothing happens, i always shoot it yarr

Just @ Game