Re: Beta Island's change

Jita wrote:

Going back to old old old perpetuum, the only reason M2S stayed on Hokk is because there were no station locks. In today's mechanics hoop would have easily owned everywhere and the only time this game had decent Pvp and people living on beta would have been broken.

Oh and the fact they had unlimited bots....that was maybe the real reason...

I am Perpetuum.

The only truly defensible island now are the ones with just two terminals on them. 

Why?  Access. 

If you want Beta's to be open great.  Move all the terminals to Gamma, move gamma to somewhere else, called something else, and make a a"new" open beta. 

This will create a buffer, rather, no man's land for everyone.  Or a staging.

I am Perpetuum.

128 (edited by Burial 2015-07-10 16:20:12)

Perpetuum wrote:
Jita wrote:

Going back to old old old perpetuum, the only reason M2S stayed on Hokk is because there were no station locks. In today's mechanics hoop would have easily owned everywhere and the only time this game had decent Pvp and people living on beta would have been broken.

It's a lot harder to push someone off of Beta with presence than SAP fights.

Perpetuum wrote:

The only truly defensible island now are the ones with just two terminals on them. 

Why?  Access. 

If you want Beta's to be open great.  Move all the terminals to Gamma, move gamma to somewhere else, called something else, and make a a"new" open beta. 

This will create a buffer, rather, no man's land for everyone.  Or a staging.

All we want is to open up only Beta1 islands. Beta2 should stay as is. 3 islands is more than enough space for anyone looking for lockable outposts.

The True reasons the "losing" side wants truly open beta's is simple.

They are the attackers.  As a attacker you want as much freedom of movement as possible.  Movement IS power, case and point is sparks.  Now with sparks removed, this power is reduced but still not a unreliable source of power.

I am Perpetuum.

Yes, and one needs to be present to win Sap fights.

I am Perpetuum.

131 (edited by Burial 2015-07-10 16:47:20)

Sure, let's go with ~everything is fine~ and wait more.

Perpetuum wrote:
Jita wrote:

You think we don't? Unlimited bots don't win fights.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Your major argument to this idea was:  You are denying players access to content.  With field terminals coming into the scenario ALL the content of a terminal that would available to anyone.  ANYONE.  So your argument was routed, now two additional concerns come up:  Lack of people using Beta islands, (which is laughable because I know 4 betas right now that are very active hot grounds) and people being locked out of all their stuff (well there are these convenient little npc owned terminals on 3 islands)  Use them.

All your points have very simple counters to it as why it is wrong, whereas the other points are:

1.  People can do industry on an island without worrying about alts being hide in a terminal keeping tabs on them.
2.  People don't have to play station games with players docking/undocking/docking/undocking to grief players to not leaving terminals.
3.  ~everything is fine~  Seriously, if you want a beta station go live in TMB.  There you go.  Your problems are solved.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

game only lacks player, everthing is fine!

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Yeah, ~everything is fine~, the game just needs more people to attract more people despite all the influxes failing. big_smile

Burial wrote:

Yeah, ~everything is fine~, the game just needs more people to attract more people despite all the influxes failing. big_smile

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … pvp-flags/

You remember when this influx of players left?

137 (edited by Burial 2015-07-10 19:45:22)

Ville the problem is new corporations don't have good enough content to have fun and stick around. The game gets thrown with 500 players over and over and still ends up with a lot of dead corporations and 20 in GC.

Alpha PVE is boring and headbutting against alliances is boring. But that's all there is.

You can say that ~everything is fine~ and people should live out of field containers for all you care, and it'd be totally legit if people did that and population grew.. Anyway, all I'm saying is the game NEEDS bigger variety of corporations living on Betas, so there's more fun and PVP for all sizes and timezones, and the developers should focus on that.

Removing locks on Beta-1 would literally be a win-win patch.

Ville wrote:
Burial wrote:

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … pvp-flags/

You remember when this influx of players left?

It was actually Joke that pushed for this change and we were wrong. The way they were used sucked but the problem wasn't that usage but teleports in a pvp area in general.

Its so easy to undock a gang, sign in alts on the exits and hotdrop wherever you need. It takes away from what makes the PvP fun,  speed, spacial awareness and the use of territory.

Remove teleports from all Pvp zones IMO, think how much more dangerous living on beta and gamma becomes and how much harder doing alpha - beta or gamma Indy is. It will centralise Indy around your living location and provide a lot more Pvp opportunity.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

running-speed and detection range is to high, and island size to small to have more then one active entity per beta island.

and PVE content to different for casual pvp.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

140 (edited by Celebro 2015-07-10 20:45:45)

This game has had it's chances to succeed and failed a few times over, so no its not all 'everything is fine'.

The idea of unlocked outposts I am at odds with, both sides have good reason to change or not, but this game needs to diversify and catering to different play styles is a win-win.

RIP PERPETUUM

I watched two young new corporations grow, learn, build and have fun on beta and the eventually on gamma.  NSE is the perfect example followed closely by CONS and even a third called Ethos.  It's not fun to you because you want instant action were the long term players like to see growth and development.  Those are examples of corporations who we were contacted positively by diplomacy about.  Everything you keep spouting off about is an example of an out of touch player.  Try playing the game some, it's more fun.

If the only way a corporation can grow is bending a knee the game will fail.

If the only option for Pvp is a two side solution the game will fail.

If what exists was working ... Why is the game failing.

ehtos is practically dead, according your leadership
NSE Members also leaving one by one as they are getting bored.
Cons? who are those? fuuu

And the Circle Continues...

I am Perpetuum.

145 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2015-07-11 03:29:06)

Peperptuum has never been able to sustain a long term viable population. Its either in 2 states: population surge or long periods of hibernation with VERY small populations.

any & all active corps will shrink to shadows of there former selves in game while corps / groups of friends move off to play other games.

Its never going to change.

I've always felt perpetuum was released either to late (the subscription model was on the way out for most new games) Or to early that the crowd funding option couldn't / wasn't used to provide a large injection of funds & DEV man power.

Now if some one did perpetuum with a modern engine ect ect It would be a big hit smile

i would keep ranting on but my lunch just cooked big_smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

Peperptuum has never been able to sustain a long term viable population. Its either in 2 states: population surge or long periods of hibernation with VERY small populations.

any & all active corps will shrink to shadows of there former selves in game while corps / groups of friends move off to play other games.

I've always felt perpetuum was released either to late (the subscription model was on the way out for most new games) Or to early that the crowd funding option couldn't / wasn't used to provide a large injection of funds & DEV man power.

Now if some one did perpetuum with a modern engine ect ect It would be a big hit smile

Lies, you don't eat Lunch.

I am Perpetuum.

Perpetuum wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

In Australia lunch eats you.

Jasdemi wrote:
Perpetuum wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

In Australia lunch eats you.

I had to hunt & kill my own lunch thankyou very much. I only lost 1 limb this time

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Those grow back.

Need not worry.

I am Perpetuum.