Re: Increased robot speeds

I remember a time when getting my termis through one of the doaden outpost to access some good old imentium was a challenge. It was close to the good old red nasty NPC spawns. I was playing the game whilst walking, I really did not care about speed because walking was not boring all the time.

RIP PERPETUUM

Good point. Autopilot and lack of red spawns dumbed alpha down. Even alpha used to kill people who didn't pay attention with movement.

Let's make perpetuum dangerous again!

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jelan wrote:

The damn map is small enough already, the only grind for speed was missions!

This.

Going back and forth and back and forth and back and forth to do missions will still suck at +36.

Only real place where I see robot speed as an issue is where one does a REPETITIVE task over and over. Increasing robot speed is not the solution.

Define problem, then discuss Solutions

I love talking to myself

Sparking to other games

On that teamspeak its probably the only intelligent conversation you get.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

30 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2014-09-06 04:00:17)

wait wait wait... so some 1 just refresh my memory on this. did the DEVs nerf detection yet or is that still in the works?

Coz now with a speed buff the game maps just got ALOT smaller & kinda makes any detector nerf pointless lol.

Way to waste development time Guys smile

Jita wrote:

On that teamspeak its probably the only intelligent conversation you get.

Its certainly rare to get that on the forums! tongue

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

I really hope you will rebalance mobile teleport distance to tp and outpost drops. At +37 kph a sequer with a plate and shield will have easy mode to leave after dropping an armored 500m from station.
Its already bad enough with that distance as is your timing has to be perfect.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

32 (edited by Annihilator 2014-09-06 08:02:42)

the more "mimimi" i hear about it affects EWAR mechs in the negative... i start to think its a good idea yarr

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

33 (edited by Burial 2014-09-06 08:33:34)

Jelan wrote:

The damn map is small enough already, the only grind for speed was missions!  Do not implement a flat speed increase on live!!!!!111

This.

1. Mission booths on terrain.
2. Better teleport network.
3. More highways.

There, fixed it.

Lobo wrote:

I really hope you will rebalance mobile teleport distance to tp and outpost drops. At +37 kph a sequer with a plate and shield will have easy mode to leave after dropping an armored 500m from station.

This is rubbish and completely unnecessary. It takes less than a mech to kill the Armored TP before it's warmed up. That's your chance for camping someone in not making it completely suicidal to even try to drop a TP.

34 (edited by Khader Khan 2014-09-06 17:57:39)

Burial wrote:

Lobo wrote:

This is rubbish and completely unnecessary. It takes less than a mech to kill the Armored TP before it's warmed up. That's your chance for camping someone in not making it completely suicidal to even try to drop a TP.

My point exactly you don't kill the armored to kill the sequer... You catch the sequer as it approaches the tp and is in the dangerzone.... You kill the tp and the sequer undocks see's no TP and docks back up you missed a kill like a noob. This games only dangerous part in reality is getting to a station from a TP not vise-versa.

If speed buff goes through distances will be shortened by default. Whens the last time you tried to catch a sequer from dock range to an armored at 500m off station when they go 80 kph its possible with a masked assault. With light ewar you might get it but breaking it before it hits the armored is almost impossible.

Please burial stop posting hater-aid just cause your side quit.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Khader Khan wrote:
Burial wrote:

Lobo wrote:

My point exactly you don't kill the armored to kill the sequer... You catch the sequer as it approaches the tp and is in the dangerzone.... You kill the tp and the sequer undocks see's no TP and docks back up you missed a kill like a noob. This games only dangerous part in reality is getting to a station from a TP not vise-versa.

Check this thread out, you might like it: http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … stability/

36 (edited by Annihilator 2014-09-06 20:13:57)

Celebro wrote:

There is something worth mentioning here. With this changes EW lights gets 50% boost on speed , whilst heavy mechs gets a 90% boost. So were these speeds unbalanced before?

Shouldn't you give like a 50% boost to all bot based on the base speed.

i thought this argument was based on hard numbers... now currently i try to recreate them on PTS and just dot get them.

live/PTS
Intact 108.61 / 152.05 - difference 43.44 kph
seth mk2  64.09 / 108.29 - difference 44.2 kph

comparing equipped intact with equipped seth:
my mk2 heavy mech got a 1.75% higher speed bonus then the mk1 light ewar

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

relative speed

38 (edited by Gremrod 2014-09-06 21:31:26)

how will the speed boost impact server performance? Anyone thinking about that?

Think in terms of client keeping in sync etc. We already know that desync happens a lot when demobers run in for the tackle.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

That's why it's on the test server. The recently introduced new movement method (which was ironically induced by the speedhacking) shouldn't have problems with it.

Back in the day the tick seemed to be slow enough to cause some glitches with unpassable terrain. I tested my 205km/h Cameleon MK2 on test the other day and it seemed to run smoothly. Would be ideal to run a stress test but I think it's fine.

Just going to say it's horrible idea IF the detectors don't get the nerf at the same time.

Burial wrote:

I tested my 205km/h Cameleon MK2 on test the other day and it seemed to run smoothly. Would be ideal to run a stress test but I think it's fine.

Okay good.

Yeah I agree on the stress test.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

stress test should include NPCs...
those 120 kph superiour observer kains could hit a wall

Eww NPC Observers doing those speeds >.<!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

wait wait wait

who was speed hacking?

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

There was this 1055 KPH Termis.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

maybe zoom hire that guy to dev this game

Ville wrote:

There was this 1055 KPH Termis.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

The faster the game the faster they would leave. Every thing will be much faster to do hauling ore/loot making NIC etc. Therefore once getting up to HM or any of your goals and then find out there is not enough content in game will make most leave.

If your Devs feel the need to speed things up better have more content in first, more islands to hide, I don't think a speed hack will fix your underlying issue.

RIP PERPETUUM

Thought more about it...

Terrible idea.

Lazy and too broad.

I guess it's no big deal to just throw out any past balancing done from one bot and one race to another.

Don't do it.

Sparking to other games

49 (edited by Syndic 2014-09-08 23:39:07)

Do it now, patch it to live asap

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

It is amazing that the DEV's finally fix the single biggest complaint this game has ever had by decreasing the time spent travelling by 50%. And everyone still *** about it.... Man it must suck to be a Game Developer....

And I am still undecided, idea sounds great, but could have some serious balancing issues to go with it...

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2