26 (edited by Kaldenines 2014-07-19 13:27:58)

Re: Teleport to Terminals ???

Ville wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

on another note, just running a few alpha2 missions, lvl4, without maxed mission extensions, i made in 1 hour:
2,330,989 NIC Mission reward
0,461,706 NIC in Common Kernels
0,309,243 NIC in hitech Kernels
1,164,240 NIC in ICS Tokens
0,444,400 NIC in lvl8 Decoder
0,600,950 NIC in blue Plasma
=
5,311,528 NIC, not counting the other less worth loot, neither checking for the highest bidder.

could have done a little more, but the RNG god didn't like me at the fourth run, and the rewards per run would increase even more with the next few runs.

Wow!  At 5 million Nic you could buy a yagel!  And even T3 fit it!

Yes it's quite funny really.  Even if that was 20 million NIC that's still a laughably small amount when you consider the cost of a T4 fitted mech (not to mention mk2).

If that doesn't show that producing things in this game is too costly, in terms of hours of work that someone in the game will have had to put in, I don't know what does.

EDIT: To reply to the topic, I would prefer to see a sensible highway network and those mission huts that the devs talked about first.  Simply teleporting everywhere is a very EVE-like solution and EvE is better at being EvE than Perp is.

+1
-Confucius

Kaldenines wrote:
Ville wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

on another note, just running a few alpha2 missions, lvl4, without maxed mission extensions, i made in 1 hour:
2,330,989 NIC Mission reward
0,461,706 NIC in Common Kernels
0,309,243 NIC in hitech Kernels
1,164,240 NIC in ICS Tokens
0,444,400 NIC in lvl8 Decoder
0,600,950 NIC in blue Plasma
=
5,311,528 NIC, not counting the other less worth loot, neither checking for the highest bidder.

could have done a little more, but the RNG god didn't like me at the fourth run, and the rewards per run would increase even more with the next few runs.

Yes it's quite funny really.  Even if that was 20 million NIC that's still a laughably small amount when you consider the cost of a T4 fitted mech (not to mention mk2).

If that doesn't show that producing things in this game is too costly, in terms of hours of work that someone in the game will have had to put in, I don't know what does.

EDIT: To reply to the topic, I would prefer to see a sensible highway network and those mission huts that the devs talked about first.  Simply teleporting everywhere is a very EVE-like solution and EvE is better at being EvE than Perp is.

I totally disagree tbh. Four or five guys with good skills can do a million plasma in a day without too much effort. Including the other drops your looking at 400 million nic for a days work which will pretty much replace a full welded fleet in a days work.

If anything I think alpha payouts are too high, two hours work for one guy shouldn't get a fully fit mk2 mech.

Tonnik wrote:

I totally disagree tbh. Four or five guys with good skills can do a million plasma in a day without too much effort. Including the other drops your looking at 400 million nic for a days work which will pretty much replace a full welded fleet in a days work.

If anything I think alpha payouts are too high, two hours work for one guy shouldn't get a fully fit mk2 mech.

it scales wrong. alphas payout is not enough for an individual player (one account) but with multiple accounts, and multiple player wiht multiple accounts it goes exponentially upwards.

Its the same with all the NIC and Resource sinks ingame - the only ones affected by them are those starting. you may laugh at a 1m teleport beacon, or 1k NIC Field container or the 1k weekly storage fee. but those just starting have to overcome those costs first.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Tonnik wrote:
Kaldenines wrote:
Ville wrote:

Are you talking about doing beacons or a static spawn?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Kaldenines wrote:

I've been saying this for literally YEARS.  If you listen quietly you can actually hear your plea falling on deaf ears.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

when you specify "producing things" a bit more, you will notice the two factors that makes it actually that time intensive.

though, this is offtopic and should be put into its own topic.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

32 (edited by Kaldenines 2014-07-19 21:45:05)

Tonnik wrote:
Kaldenines wrote:
Ville wrote:

Is that at a spawn or with bacons?

I would not spend a day farming spawns/beacons for 400 million NIC and it's not that I don't need the cash, I just prefer to do other things with my time.  I think most people who have played this game for a while think the same way.

EDIT: also it may replace the raw material cost of things but 400mil doesn't go all that far on the market if you are not a manufacturer (with research unlocked).

+1
-Confucius

Kaldenines wrote:
Tonnik wrote:
Kaldenines wrote:

Is that at a spawn or with bacons?

I would not spend a day farming spawns/beacons for 400 million NIC and it's not that I don't need the cash, I just prefer to do other things with my time.  I think most people who have played this game for a while think the same way.

EDIT: also it may replace the raw material cost of things but 400mil doesn't go all that far on the market if you are not a manufacturer (with research unlocked).

I tried to ask this same thing when I asked for a backing down in production costs of materials in a separate thread. 

The only way your going to make 400 Million in a day ratting is if you do this with Beacons.  But then there is a different thing you are negating, which is the time it takes to acquire beacons.  And at 400 Million that's over a million plasma, 1.23 Million.  The T3 mob spawns out of a 1 stripe beacon drop on average 15K plasma(zortarg had a graph showing must efficient beacon usages...etc... and the 1 Strips where found to be the best.)  at 15K plasma you would need exactly 82 beacons.  That's not impossible to obtain, but still HOURS upon HOURS of grinding missions/artifact scanning or killing static spawns for darkstars to drop it.

Still not worth it.

On static alpha spawns the best you can get is 15 to 20 Million an hour depending on accounts.  I watch movies and rat at the same time.  I keep my landmarks front and center and only stare at it.  Rightfully so it is mind numbingly painful. even at 4 hours of farming your only looking at 80 Million.

The biggest thing I would like to point out is that when theres a lost battle.  Corperations can literally lose 1.3 Billion Nic in a matter of oh.. 30 mins?  Then it takes them literally weeks to farm up to it again to siege a station.  All for 1 SAP.  Not for either the station get flips but for 1 out of 8-9 saps to take a station. 

^ No room for small corps to compete with big fish.  Especially when their industry is HALF the size of a veteran corp in EP.  Termis Versus Riv Mk2s.

**The Important Part**  NO ONE LIKES SITTING ON ALPHA GRINDING TO GET BLOWEN UP EVERYTIME THEY STEP FOOT ON BETA.  AND THEY HAVE 0 HOPE OF TRYING TO DO SOMETHING ON THEIR OWN.

At Least with Gamma people can place a base out there and feel like something, until they rage quit and stop playing when someone comes along to knock over their sand castle.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

but noone likes to sit in a gamma base with nothing to do aside of watching noralgis grow

Everything is fine, don't change anything.

And sell more raws on the market. big_smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice