Re: One additional headslot for Mining Bots

Here is an idea: give every bot in the game two 'eye' slots. Change it So geo, artifact, cargo, chassis scanners are all eye slot only modules. This buffs single players without having a domino effect on the large groups.

Just build the ability to do scanning into industrial bots. Leave everything else wishing to scan use the module itself.

I'd be happy if I could get locks to match the damn modules instead of this 2:3, 3:4 and 4:5 crap.

Tund Bungler wrote:

Here is an idea: give every bot in the game two 'eye' slots. Change it So geo, artifact, cargo, chassis scanners are all eye slot only modules. This buffs single players without having a domino effect on the large groups.

+1, This.

kot wrote:

Just build the ability to do scanning into industrial bots. Leave everything else wishing to scan use the module itself.

No, because artifacts.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Crepitus, your last quote answer makes no sense.

Ioci wrote:

I'd be happy if I could get locks to match the damn modules instead of this 2:3, 3:4 and 4:5 crap.

you know, industrial mk2 robots have not much other advantages then increased number of locked targets, and 1 more headslot

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

31 (edited by Celebro 2014-05-03 01:18:16)

There was an idea floating around to use deployable geoscanners on field that allow tile scanning 'live' to squad. Live in the sense whilst you mine they change colour and size. That is what is needed.

RIP PERPETUUM

Why not just have one bot with every module fitted and then we'll never have to worry again...

Dazamin wrote:

Why not just have one bot with every module fitted and then we'll never have to worry again...

I thought you wanted balancing, that's what we are discussing. smile

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Dazamin wrote:

Demonstrate why mining needs to be buffed then its a balance discussion, you can already fit a geoscanner to a mining bot, so what is the reason for this change?

Dazamin wrote:
Celebro wrote:
Dazamin wrote:

Demonstrate why mining needs to be buffed then its a balance discussion, you can already fit a geoscanner to a mining bot, so what is the reason for this change?

There isnt a good way to share tile info from one bot to another while in the field, which necessitates a lot of tedious moving around and communication to get groups all mining the right spots. The suggested fixes which theoretically be simpler to implement than a tile sharing system./

36 (edited by Celebro 2014-05-03 20:37:37)

Dazamin wrote:
Celebro wrote:
Dazamin wrote:

I mine with a full rack of tuners anyways, so where is the buff?. I'm trying to make it more enjoyable experience, if that convenience is a buff it's trivial at best.

RIP PERPETUUM

Tund Bungler wrote:

There isnt a good way to share tile info from one bot to another while in the field, which necessitates a lot of tedious moving around and communication to get groups all mining the right spots. The suggested fixes which theoretically be simpler to implement than a tile sharing system./

Fixing the actual problem might be a better idea though no?

Dazamin wrote:
Tund Bungler wrote:

Fixing the actual problem might be a better idea though no?

I'd be happy to see either solution TBH.