Re: Any way of earning or buying addition ep ?

MoBIoS wrote:

No resets, we had that before. It´ll just provoke a new CHAOS syndrome, where everyone skills flavour/ color of the month, i.e. CHAOS was suddenly all green. It was even worse, when ppl where able to change their agent name and avatar as well. Its contra productive to diversity and persistence.This was imho probably one of the biggest mistakes in perpetuum in those days and fortunately the ability was cancelled shortly afterwards.
Anyways, I think we have a sort of a skill points reallocating ability, which got introduced at some point, if your skill points don´t exceed level 5 yet. I think that is good enough, to compensate any skill misconfiguration as a starting player.
Do we still have the ability to reset your account within 2 weeks of creations? Can´t remember.

Oh you mean when the developers changed things around with modules like Nerfing ERPS 3 times and changing shield and re doing tunnings, and instead of having a character completely useless people actually wanted to re specialize?  Yeah Chaos syndrome...  Being able to be competent.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

27 (edited by Ensireka 2014-06-11 04:21:30)

I think it would be interesting to see a revamp of how EP is given to players who are created anytime since launch. 

In order to have a balance of power of sorts, what if players were given EP based off the age of the game, so they could compete better with the Vets and such.  Not a huge amount, but something to add competition ...

Yes, this would mean a server side EP delivery for any account that was not created on day 1 of the initial release. 

We need more Extensions anyhow, and I am being serious.

thanks for reading and flaming,
-Ensi

28 (edited by Goffer 2014-06-11 06:36:35)

@Ensireka you allready got 20k more EP on day1 than I got. This alone means new acounts can control a HM in the first 7 days in game, considering the EP-Boost you get additionally 50% more EP per day, than vets got the first 3 years by spending the same amount of $$.

I think it would be better to think again about ways that prevents new player fielding HM the first 3-4 weeks, to have some goal left for them

Hint for all the new guys. Just because you can be in a HM doesn't mean you will be able to be competent and fit it!

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Just because some noob can control a H. Mech does not mean they are doing it well.  And obviously if they have their EP going into H. Mech then they have had guidance or are an alt of someone that can afford the H. Mech which also means they have experience in that world anyhow. 

So ... what kind of stuff are you trying to say?  Because I am certain you gained more then 20k ep in 3 years ...

Your Alliance will moan about having no pvp but you brush aside ideas that could bring it to you?  That's great for closed mindedness.  smile

I talk to new Corp / Alliance mates about that too Norrdec.  smile  I use EvE references when doing so too.  Just to help it sink in.  Though, that honestly goes for Mechs and H. Mechs.

-Ensi

Some people don't need their hand held and a good-boy pat on the head every step of the way.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Yes ... Vets my dear Syndic, Vets ...

I wonder, what constitutes a Vet anyhow?  I could be utilizing the terminology wrong.

-Ensi

33 (edited by Norrdec 2014-06-11 12:08:44)

If the new people get the EP, why should I not get it? Am I worse than the new guy?

People go into mech and heavy mechs even without guidance, so the tip is for the ones without it. People without experience don't always listen to the people that do have it.

We cry, because there is no pvp even at times when we run in bots that don't need 1mil ep to run. We do a lot of light and assault roams, are you telling me a new player can't get into a cameleon with his starting EP? or after a month?

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Ensireka wrote:

Yes ... Vets my dear Syndic, Vets ...

I wonder, what constitutes a Vet anyhow?  I could be utilizing the terminology wrong.

-Ensi

Very simply, vets spent far more time and money than you have, and have suffered through a number of fiascos you likely know nothing about.  The forums go all the way back and there is a betaarchive as well.  If you want to familiarize yourself with history it's mostly there.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

I was leaning along the side of each account getting a portion of ep based off how long the game has been running vs the age of the account.  So, yes, it would just hand a gob of ep to players, but it could help by permitting people who don't have the ep they need to get a little one time boost to help them get that much closer to their hopeful pvp goals. 

There might be more combat ... then again it could backfire.  It was a decent idea, perhaps not all the way thought out. 

Maybe we need dueling?  Automatically shuts down when one player is to 1hp (no robot destruction.) 

I guess they are bad ideas.  wink  I'll drop it.

-Ensi

perhaps we can switch the whole EP system to the regular kill-xp grind game and noob can be competative with vets in a few days hardcore grinding (alongside the materials they need to craft the stuff) and then like 90% of those noobs will quit once skilled out because they miss the "endgame content" that needs those extensions.
then the DEVs need to add lots more "paragon" levels so even the skilled out ones have something to grind for.

isn't it the very same discussion in almost every game that involves levling up.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Thinking of a way to close the ep gap isn't a bad thing.  I'm going to stay out of it because I don't have any helpful suggestions.  Just wanted to say keep trying to figure it out!

the EP/xp gap discussion exists in every mmo that involves vertical character progression. even in those that do not have PvP, because friends at different stages of the progression cannot play together the same content without massive drawbacks (either the one is dying all the time, or the other one is to powerfull)

in perp the EP gap is all about those extension that are either "all or nothing", which makes them expensive, and those that are already expensive per level and give a noticable effect for every level.

for example - navigation was one of those "all or nothing" extension, and basic/adv. robotics is giving you a significant bonus for every level (due to at least 3 robot bonuses getting points with every level of it)

speeding up the ep generation for those who joined later every year won't make that feeling that there is a gap going away, when even few weeks worth of EP difference between EarlyAccess and Launch players was a reason to whine on the forums for several month. back then it was a difference of ~30k EP... now i have more then a million EP more then someone who came with steam launch.

AFAIK EVE online did that "give new player a jumpstart" after several years and MILLIONS of veterans. in Perp its 2 years and ~50 veterans (with multiple accounts that is)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

any help to beginners, only to forget about changing the system EP. I don't think that the beginner it is better than me, wait for the EP as all. to give just a Tu new players = disrespect to the old players (imho)

Just @ Game

40 (edited by Vic Vaughn 2014-06-19 14:48:33)

I am new. I like time based EP. I can keep up with kids with no life that can be on 24/7.

It encourages patience and involvement in the game. They longer you are in a game with time based skills the less you want to leave.

So Pay the 9.95 a month and get a 50% boosts. That is what I am doing.

And specialize like they say. One robot one faction.

Or do like new players in Eve used to do (and some still do). Go play another game for 3 months and come back and have lots of skills. LOL. I never do..I just find something to do in game.  Been doing assignments, rattings and some mining.

Come to think of it, you should definitely be able to buy a booster where you pay double amount of credits for 100% more EP.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice