Re: Business model

Gunner wrote:

New 2014 Business model:

Change everything from last two years

Dont think about it all

Damage control

Screw up Steam

yay

Gunner you seem to get emotional on every little issue, it seems to you, that the Devs want to intentionally screw up everything. fuuu

RIP PERPETUUM

lol it is so frustrating lately the streams of ridiculous ideas

ideas that are not ill intended, but the implementation just bad

Such obvious game breaking fixes to small things.

Its tough being me.

When I am not busy doing my favorite things, running from STC and hiding in Teles, I am here reading the forums.

28 (edited by Delcimus 2014-01-22 19:56:21)

Gunner wrote:

lol it is so frustrating lately the streams of ridiculous ideas

ideas that are not ill intended, but the implementation just bad

Such obvious game breaking fixes to small things.

Its tough being me.

When I am not busy doing my favorite things, running from STC and hiding in Teles, I am here reading the forums.

Here's another challenge for you Gunner, say hello in 30 posts or less.
Everything someone other than you suggests seems ridiculous, to you.

Like nerf all approach since pvp approach gets nerf, oh wait that was you.
Zoom even said he would back off the insta single tile locking but you have posted bitter, twice (and counting) since then in that thread ...

Jeez man lighten up, concentrate on running and saving your precious pixels and KB ranking ... all trolling aside I'm getting worried for you, former corpy.

dont worry about me, ill continue pointing out the obvious and you can keep your head stuck in the ground

I understand someone almost managed to accidentally kill something. I can understand why this unheard of event deserves a thread of it's own. Breaking news and all that.

+1 OP, the idea is sound and intelligent (which means it probably won't get implemented) big_smile

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

You have the "Rage" part down, now if you can just learn the "Quit" part... big_smile

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Celebro wrote:
Gunner wrote:

New 2014 Business model:

Change everything from last two years

Dont think about it all

Damage control

Screw up Steam

yay

Gunner you seem to get emotional on every little issue, it seems to you, that the Devs want to intentionally screw up everything. fuuu

I think its called setting your expectations low so no matter what happens you get a surprise. Like me i expect that every time i turn on my computer it will spontaneously combust & die. It hasnt ... YET so im happy. big_smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Zoom said in another thread that there are a lot of things in the planning stage beyond the 2nd part of the missions package.  He's now said this several times both on the forums and in gen chat.  +1 for the business model, I would gladly dump $40-$50 to help the game reach goals and get some new content started. Others in my corp have said the same. If I were zoom I would take this thread into serious consideration and even consider giving it a try with something.   Post a few votes on what to impalement next, bots/weapons, resources other than eppi/noralgis for all t3-t4 production, maybe even a corp color scheem for the corp members bots....  There are a million small things that could be done, Perhaps if the devs have to hire a new code jockey this could be implimented.  Our donations would basically go to paying his wages, and It can be set to reach a certin amount before the new guys comes online too.   There are a lot of small things we could encourage development on with donations. The greater overall effect of this business model is that players like us, The ones who don't just go away after 2 weeks of play would be able to directly effect the game and in a small way even help to guide it into a direction we feel it needs to go. It would make the game "our game", greater sense of community and belonging.

As a number of the players left in this game have approved and pushed for some of the terrible changes which have seen off most of the previous active playerbase, I don't think any system which makes you even more likely to think your ideas have any value and should be paid attention to by the devs should be considered fuuu

Daz big_smile

35 (edited by Celebro 2014-02-17 00:26:55)

Colonel Kuntshlapper wrote:

As a number of the players left in this game have approved and pushed for some of the terrible changes which have seen off most of the previous active playerbase, I don't think any system which makes you even more likely to think your ideas have any value and should be paid attention to by the devs should be considered fuuu

Daz big_smile

I guess most players don't like change, understandable since it's usually on the first page on any customer service handbook, 'Customers don't like changes' wink

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Colonel Kuntshlapper wrote:

Daz big_smile

I guess most players don't like change, understandable since it's usually on the first page on any customer service handbook, 'Customers don't like changes' wink

Most games patch things, nerf things, add new features. There is some resistance to change, sure, but that's not what happened here.

37 (edited by Celebro 2014-02-17 18:18:55)

What's happening here is Devs balancing the game with the limited time on their hands. Gamma needs a wipe, Spt needs cool down of some sorts and target follow is way too OP.

Edit: Forgot to mention OP is a great idea. +1

RIP PERPETUUM

38 (edited by MoBIoS 2014-02-18 17:16:24)

fu pinky, this actually is a good plan and tomorrow we take over the world.
+1 shut up and take my money, I support this!

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

39 (edited by Marmon 2014-02-18 16:46:56)

+1

oh no wait, I've 2 accounts

+2

Moreover it could be a good way (a free way) to make some advertisement.

There are several ways the devs could implement a propaganda, I mean a advertisement budget with almost no cost.  The easiest would be a 1 week free pass to all accounts that ever played perp.  Something so simple could have massive rewards, but yet the devs do not do this.  Its my belief that they don't intend to do this  because they don't feel the game is ready for it.  If the Devs do not feel the game is ready then were still just beta testers.

+1

Hydra Merchant wrote:

There are several ways the devs could implement a propaganda, I mean a advertisement budget with almost no cost.  The easiest would be a 1 week free pass to all accounts that ever played perp.  Something so simple could have massive rewards, but yet the devs do not do this.  Its my belief that they don't intend to do this  because they don't feel the game is ready for it.  If the Devs do not feel the game is ready then were still just beta testers.

I would make it a month. It's also a pretty good alternative to Steam Early Access and will probably yield enough data to seriously smooth out the actual launch on Steam.

Can I double down on this. Now more than ever bring this in.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

I would like to add that Star Citizen ar currently raising 1 million dollars to implement a motherclucking Bonsai tree. In a space game.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

45 (edited by Burial 2014-07-20 19:02:46)

Shocking what good marketing can do. big_smile

i still don't get that Star Citizen hype. just because that guy made a few good games in the past, he failed epically with others.
look at Richard Garriot...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Gofundme.com

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Market the game. Free Week long or two week trial with 5k ep and the rest upon purchase.

Gwyndor wrote:

Market the game. Free Week long or two week trial with 5k ep and the rest upon purchase.

Easy to suggest marketing.

Marketing costs assloads of money...TONS...

They need to pull 20k players out of their rears and soon, that's expecting 75% quitting within 3 months...leaving enough for more than the small groups of players.

Its sad really, up until maybe July this game was on track to reach that never before hit mark of critical mass where the games natural turnover rate is countered by new blood coming in and returning players coming back from real life obligations ect.

Anyway what needs to be done to the game is piling up, and were getting to a point where dated would be generous to describe the look and feel of the game...on top of the insane amounts of game system/mechanical/ balancing work that needs to be done.

Put it lightly, Im more worried about their budget for developing more than their marketing "throw away" money  Steam is all the marketing they should need.

They need to start pulling miracles out of thin air and fast, and more than just one miracle.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth