Re: Follow-up to our investigation of the "cargo overload" exploit

the loot container only holds up to 50% of the actualy cargo, chance based, right? wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Syndic: this is not the place for such reports, but this particular one has been already investigated and we haven't found anything remotely close to 700 dropped injector charges. That day, the day before, the day after, globally.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Syndic: this is not the place for such reports, but this particular one has been already investigated and we haven't found anything remotely close to 700 dropped injector charges. That day, the day before, the day after, globally.

Im socked at how little your games seems to log the actions of the players. GL with catching future exploits.

Any bets on how long into the future it is b4 the DEVs find out some one duping or exploiting in this game for years since "the logs show nothing" ? smile

I dont get why people even bother reporting anything anymore but the most obvious of bugs.

Any one remember "Lag lines" bug as some called? Yeah i do & it took TOG weeks to make the devs see there was a problem instead of "working as intended".

I think ill wait for the other shoe to drop Zoom. Its usually a big one in cases like this lol

*popcorn*

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Im socked at how little your games seems to log the actions of the players. GL with catching future exploits.

*sigh* I really don't know how I can say this any more clearly.

We. Have. Clear. Logs. Of. Dropped. Loot.

And there wasn't anyone dropping 700 injector charges. Everyone heard about it and apparently noone saw it. It's a legend. Can we please move on?

In those cases where you would have to bring out a sequer to pull 700 injector charges (140U of stuff btwm so lithus would be needed), wouldn't said person...oh I don't know take a screen shot?

Not trying or attempting to point fingers here at all, but I know when I find a bug or something strange a picture is worth far more then 1000 words.

It just seems strange.  Nothing more nothing less.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

You would hate to think that someone was falsely accusing people of using exploits. For some sort of self serving interest.... Surely not.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

Wouldn't want to be Zoom atm, dealing with these ***.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

*sigh* I really don't know how I can say this any more clearly.

And there wasn't anyone dropping 700 injector charges. Everyone heard about it and apparently noone saw it. It's a legend. Can we please move on?

Maybe tongue

until next time!

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

How about making false unprooved accusations bannable? smile

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

request topic close, before someone finds the forum rule that prohibits pyramid quoting *points finger at DEV Zoom, Xadhoom and Obi fuuu

nah for real, topic done?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Not before we we laugh at their attempt.

HA-HA-HA

Xadhoom wrote:

Get a screen shoot *** or it didn't happen

I hope you realize how stupid is that all you need is a [S]photoshopped[/S] screenshot because the "logs show nothing". But that's ok, it was unfortunately pretty obvious where the "thorough investigation" was going to lead to anyway.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Sooo just wondering... How much time did it get you guys to recognize Styx was duping crap before it stopped to be 'impossible'? A few hours? A few days?

BandwagonX9000 wrote:
Xadhoom wrote:

Get a screen shoot *** or it didn't happen

I hope you realize how stupid is that all you need is a [S]photoshopped[/S] screenshot because the "logs show nothing". But that's ok, it was unfortunately pretty obvious where the "thorough investigation" was going to lead to anyway.

It's actually not stupid. When we have a screenshot of such an event then we at least know _where_ to look, instead of a bruteforce global search (which is most of the time not even possible). When a screenshot is fake it will turn out in the logs, but at least then we were able to check.

If your bottleneck is man hours available for processing the logs (assuming they actually show anything...) you automate it. Making people check logs manually is a pain in the ***, and error prone, but you know that already tongue

You can't automate something that you don't log. And you can't log something if you don't know what you have to log, because you don't know the nature of the exploit. And when you don't log something then you can only analyze the context, which is hard to automate. Everyone is smart only after such things happen smile

BandwagonX9000 wrote:

If your bottleneck is man hours available for processing the logs (assuming they actually show anything...) you automate it. Making people check logs manually is a pain in the ***, and error prone, but you know that already tongue

Making Devs having to read every single self serving troll post is a pain in the ***, and a waste of their limited time, but you already know that tongue

Dev Zoom ... not an accusation, just an opinion wink

Well here is a self serving close then smile