Re: Walls decay over time

AC isn't trying to win or lose, because even if they win they lose.

The decay feature was suggested and they're trying it out.

My objections are just that, and maybe time will prove them incorrect.

All I know is there was a sense of the game moving in a certain direction with the walls, even if the application of those walls wasn't liked by everyone.

There were other suggestins to limit wall spam, including lmiting my named sectors. Those were probably too much coding to do in a short time, so they went with an existing mechanic. Its a bad one, but it is what it is.

good by walls 07

you know for all of the whining people were doing about the walls and then getting their way I sure dont see what the benefit is of them now.

people were crying about rich corps being able to "spam walls" well now you will need even more money and time to have a wall system.   all this change does is make it take even more time and money to have a wall system..

At the rate that these kneejerkoff changes are being made no one will try anything new until its been in game for 6 months so some other sap can spend their NIC using the next new item to test it for the devs.

its soo depressing when some thing good is **** on because a few people whine and cry.

the number one reason to revert the change is because walls were neutral any one no matter how much EP you have can make them and use them for what ever they see fit the only limit was your imagination and the physical 21x21 .

Rux wrote:

good by walls 07

you know for all of the whining people were doing about the walls and then getting their way I sure dont see what the benefit is of them now.

people were crying about rich corps being able to "spam walls" well now you will need even more money and time to have a wall system.   all this change does is make it take even more time and money to have a wall system..

At the rate that these kneejerkoff changes are being made no one will try anything new until its been in game for 6 months so some other sap can spend their NIC using the next new item to test it for the devs.

its soo depressing when some thing good is **** on because a few people whine and cry.

the number one reason to revert the change is because walls were neutral any one no matter how much EP you have can make them and use them for what ever they see fit the only limit was your imagination and the physical 21x21 .

So you want to live 100% protected on beta with minimal time/money investment. Pathetic 62nd carebears are pathetic.

I have to correct my statement from above - yestdays scouting has shown that walls can decay even before they grow up. Both mechanics seem to be on seperated algorythm. Its just unclear if both can happen at the same time, or if its "this or that"

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear