Re: Thanks for all the fish.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Gharl Incognito wrote:

Once my subs run out I don't see a reason to renew them; people cheat, continue to cheat and are not dealt with as other cheats have been in the past.  Now folks are getting bans for being angry about this... what's going on?

I'm sorry? There is some serious misinformation going on here. Who has been banned for getting angry about someone cheating and not getting banned?

Serious misinformation and serious propaganda in order to blackmail the Devs imo and harassment to fellow players.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

27 (edited by Gharl Incognito 2011-12-14 15:41:27)

DEV Zoom wrote:

I'm sorry? There is some serious misinformation going on here. Who has been banned for getting angry about someone cheating and not getting banned?

You're probably right about misinformation.  That's why I asked "what's going on?".

Sociorum, inimicos, omnes

-:does speak for NSA on the forums:-

Ville wrote:
Gharl Incognito wrote:
Joph wrote:

This is a very common feeling right now, the Dev team has lost the confidence of a lot of long term players.

QFE

Once my subs run out I don't see a reason to renew them; people cheat, continue to cheat and are not dealt with as other cheats have been in the past.  Now folks are getting bans for being angry about this... what's going on?

You don't have to wait for your subs to run out to stop QQing on the forums.  In fact you don't have to wait till your subs run  out in order stop playing the game.

Why should this/these be the only choices left to them?  Many people like this game, but feel that there is no purpose playing it when they feel that they will never realize any sort of growth in the game that cannot be overshadowed by an unscrupulous few who simply laugh in their face?
When everyone is given a box of matches and glue and asked to build something by those constraints, and someone else just whips out a rapid prototyper and prints a matchstick Michelangelo in full view of the rule-keepers with no known or observable repercussions, and then lord it over everyone?

Kinda takes the fun out of things.

Gharl Incognito wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

You're probably right about misinformation.  What concerns me is that believing it is not so hard.  That's why I asked "what's going on?".

It shouldn't be hard to believe that we only want the game to succeed. We're only human and sometimes we make mistakes too, but whatever made-up reasons suggesting that we somehow want to destroy our own game or community are really beyond my comprehension. It's really unfortunate that this simple issue has been blown way out of proportion like it was.

Prior comments retracted.  I was given a very simple and logical answer to my main concern.  See Dev Calvins blunt honesty for referance.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/56005/#p56005

Sociorum, inimicos, omnes

-:does speak for NSA on the forums:-