Re: Website presentation MUCH better

im having an issue with the clored topic titles and agent names.

its very distracting. usually only Moderator, GMs, CMs or DEVs have colored names,
and sometimes "unread topics"

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I've used this user CSS to kill the background pic and recolor names and topics back to yellow:

body { background: #111 none !important; }
.brd .item-subject .hn a, .brd .post-author a, .brd .post-byline a { color: #fff366 !important; }
h1, .blue { color: #fff366 !important; }
.post-byline, .post-link { color: #ddd; }

28 (edited by Alexander 2011-09-15 23:44:12)

Mark Zima wrote:

I've used this user CSS to kill the background pic and recolor names and topics back to yellow:

.brd .item-subject .hn a, .brd .post-author a, .brd .post-byline a { color: #fff366 !important; }

*Newbie Question*
How'd you insert the CSS?.. I've seen Javascript being used as a bookmarklet in such a way but not CSS..
hmm

Yellow was MUCH nicer and the background image is TOO busy for anything but a home page.

For Opera, put the lines I've quoted above in a text file with .css extension, then right click on any forum page -> Edit site preferences -> Display tab -> My stylesheet field, select the the created .css file here.

For Firefox, install this extension, open its options, press "Write New Style", fill in any name and put this in the large text field:

@-moz-document domain('forums.perpetuum-online.com') {
}

then "Save".

For other browsers, try googling for "per site user css".

I think our new forums look better than eve, by a long shot cool
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.as … ind=unread lol