Re: Remove the Navigation skill

Sundial wrote:

My opinion is do A or B:

A. Make highways systems all interconnect and be far more extensive, covering all common routes between islands / outposts etc and leave Nav in the game. Have a travelling system like in stEVE, where you can automatically send your bot to a location.
B. Remove Nav from the game, buff all base speeds by the same as Nav 10.

IMO the right and better choice is A.

Fix A, and Navigation won't be such a blaring problem as it is now. Its only 12K for a combat toon and close to 20K for an industrial.

If travelling around Nia was better, Nav 10 would not be such a requirement for PvE (although still very important for PvP, but less game breaking)

If you set your attributes correctly your EP cost for robot control skills will cost less for a industrial than a combat character because when making a combat character most will skill in to tactics and and other combat related attributes, where as robot control which is the tree of Navigation is befitted by research and development skills which at attributes you gain when making a industrial character so  industrial characters will take less time to learn all robot control skills over combat characters.

** i dont have access to my client to state the specific skills / attributes that effect this but i will edit this post later today when i do have access. **

In this business, by the time you realize you're in trouble, it's too late to save yourself. Unless you're running scared all the time, you're gone.
~Bill Gates~

77 (edited by Celebro 2011-09-21 22:34:48)

Could the navigation skill affect robot acceleration (if this feature can be added), top speeds remain same for all,  stopping then going could get you in trouble, this adds an awesome dynamic specially for PVP gameplay.

RIP PERPETUUM

78 (edited by Sundial 2011-09-21 23:14:52)

Celebro wrote:

Could the navigation skill affect robot acceleration (if this feature can be added), top speeds remain same for all,  stopping then going could get you in trouble, this adds an awesome dynamic specially for PVP gameplay.

I think they already said this is not possible with the current engine, or they could not figure out how to make this work mechanic wise.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

You can be PvP viable without Nav maxed out, you just can't fit as much stuff and need to use T2 to keep up with the group I might add.

I say leave it in the game and fix traveling to not suck so bad.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Celebro wrote:

that does not make sense without turning speed. I can run a circle until I stop or hit impas terrain to stop.

Celebro wrote:

=> http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … mal-speed/ ???

For arguement sake, let say they remove the nav skill (which as far as I'm concerned is acceptable the way it is). The next thing people will want is the removal of the energy management and accumulator expansion skills because they can't perma-run everything, after that they'll want the  data processing and reactor expansion skills removed so they can fit everything. Eventually a noob can get into everything with maxed skills play the game for a few weeks then move onto something else because there is nothing to look forward to. I re-rolled my char because FOOM wnts everybody to PvP and if you don't have Nav 10 you'd get kicked from roams when they were running with everybody else. Funny thing is, that the day I re-rolled my char to have Nav 10 they went on their foomigation spree and I got the boot. I wound up in a better corp where speed isn't everything and member's PvP just fine.

Navigation skill is fine.

No content.