Re: Make beta...um beta

Beasty wrote:

The author is obviously wanting mechanics in game that allow gate campers to be successful against even the well trained, this is a garbage request and is not what beta is about. Load timers are for network issues to flow from client to server. This is normal in any online game currently worth a ****.

I would be perfectly happy with no outposts on any of the beta islands for players to camp in but there needs to be some functionality for the beta islands such as factories, and reprocessing plants or all your targets go away. The current outposts are useful as they are, are they 2x or 4x better than alpha ? NO but they don’t need to be. There will be more and better outposts later on with more reward for more risk. I’m sure when you have to run over 7.5Km from a teleport with no highway to the only outpost on an island the risk reward will be worth level 4 or 5 services at outposts. 

You may think you want an area in game to only PVP but you don’t. If they made an island with no minerals (something care bares/targets are attracted to ) you would have a whole lot of empty game space that would do nothing. This works in other games like eve because these places are designed as in-between routes. This game does not have enough islands for there to be a grievers paradise island yet.   

Making it easy to gank people does nothing to advance the game.

Come up with something original . . . or at least worthwhile.

I stopped readin after gate campers.  So.. Beasty... How many times during the defending your Beta Island days do you get that annoying gate jumper who spends HOURS waiting for you to get bored with them jumping around gates before you just get frustrated dock up your miners and go play minecraft?  I going to assume none. 

I don't mind not being able to shoot them until the protection wears off.  Were I think this is dumb is because we can't lock them.  Theres absolutely no chance at killing someone getting over the gate.  So they jump in, print screen the force, go get a cup of coffee, Bio, Take out the trash, wash some dishes, play some tetris on their phones, and then leisurely walk back to the gate and jump out.

Beta is for pvpers.  Not for people who have too much sentimental value over their bots.  If you get a popup on your screen before you jump into beta saying " Your getting ready to die."  You should atleast use it.

Ville wrote:

I stopped readin after gate campers.  So.. Beasty... How many times during the defending your Beta Island days do you get that annoying gate jumper who spends HOURS waiting for you to get bored with them jumping around gates before you just get frustrated dock up your miners and go play minecraft?  I going to assume none. 

I don't mind not being able to shoot them until the protection wears off.  Were I think this is dumb is because we can't lock them.  Theres absolutely no chance at killing someone getting over the gate.  So they jump in, print screen the force, go get a cup of coffee, Bio, Take out the trash, wash some dishes, play some tetris on their phones, and then leisurely walk back to the gate and jump out.

Beta is for pvpers.  Not for people who have too much sentimental value over their bots.  If you get a popup on your screen before you jump into beta saying " Your getting ready to die."  You should atleast use it.

LOLZ .. I feel for you if your notion of PVP is gate camping. If you are worried about a scout jumping into beta and seeing your squad sitting on the other side then move it off the gate to a distance that isn’t in spotting range, its simple. And yes hundreds of hours across many games protecting space. A little lesson for you . . . knowing how to draw in your opponent is more important that poping their scout at the gate. Scouts are a dime a dozen.

PVP and Beta is about fighting player vs player NOT player vs target dummy, if that’s what you want go shoot NPC’s. I would agree to remove all protection from teleports if the servers could load clients faster but until then its not even particle. I know all of you who hate the protection timers would love to get blown up as you load into an area but where is the fun in that? Activating a gate and you client loads your home base ? really ?

I could care less about losing bots in PVP, REAL PVP where I see my opponent not a black screen, where is my chance to shoot back?

I fully agree that we need to be able to lock them once they load into the terrain but shooting the opponent before his client loads is not pvp. I understand that the DEVs made this change to give real protection because people were complaining about getting drained, jammed, demobed and rendered pretty much useless before they even loaded. That I don’t have a problem with lock down the intruders !!! but being able to kill your opponent before he has a chance to even see you is garbage and wont help the game advance.

In this business, by the time you realize you're in trouble, it's too late to save yourself. Unless you're running scared all the time, you're gone.
~Bill Gates~

Let me summarize this for you so that it works best.

A) Everyone should get a chance to load for a fighting chance
B) But beyond that you are on your own

Gates are one thing but to be able to safely sit under a enemy outpost and scout there undocking forces is complete trash.

Besides i like my 1 shotting bots of doom.... They are fun to sit on gates/outposts big_smile its a warm welcome to beta.

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Holy wall of text beasty.  I am not caring about gate camping once again.  Just want to lock them again.