Re: Perpetuum Planner

Uncle Mo wrote:

Is the PP no longer being supported?

AFAIK: No.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't

52 (edited by Kynes 2011-05-20 17:02:58)

Standard Sensor Suppressor has the wrong extensions listed.

edit:  sorry, I just read that it wasn't being supported any longer... that's to bad... it is a great tool.

I use my necromantic powers on this topic!

Be so kind and restart this project again, please. smile
Or tell community how we could help you.

Our robots are made by Jesus himself with the help of MacGyver and blessed by Chuck Noris

I wanna begin to resurrect this project from the ashes as web-application. Will begin work after June 6. Feel free to contact me if you want help smile

55 (edited by Line 2011-06-03 10:39:17)

Will be good if you integrate fitter there. Also i can help in programming (ofc depends on what language do u use)

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

56 (edited by Altera 2011-06-03 14:44:38)

The dev of that app put the source open on a site.  His instructions were very cryptic, but I was able to DL all the different parts and get it to mostly compile, but was stuck with some compile issues I cold not resolve.
He provided a free dev env to work out of.  Originally written in VC++, so he said.  If anyone can make more progress then I did, please do.  I am more then willing to help.

Everyone agrees this is a great tool and if the community can find a way to resurrect it, it would help us all out.

Developing in process. Final app will be hosted as lightweight html5 website. The half of the work is done. I want to ask comunity: how do you want to save your plans: as url, what can be protected with password as readonly plan or as file, what will be uploaded to the server each time u want too look at extension? Or another option?

as cookie

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

+1 cookie

Good idea! But cookies basically designed as temporary solution to store data into client browser, so cookies will be used to restore unsaved plans each time u open web-app, i suppose.

DOM Storage is designed for such purposes.

62 (edited by Norrdec 2011-06-27 14:37:12)

I would go with text files/csv, that way we could use it on the mech fitting spreadsheet made by black flag/ being updated by bigsteve.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Good to see that there's someone working on a new planner, its a real nice tool and lm sure there is a lot of new players that would love to get their hands on it as well.

Alexadar wrote:

Developing in process. Final app will be hosted as lightweight html5 website. The half of the work is done. I want to ask comunity: how do you want to save your plans: as url, what can be protected with password as readonly plan or as file, what will be uploaded to the server each time u want too look at extension? Or another option?

when done you should try to get it integrated with a website for fittings as well, so that we can test fittings, see what skills are needed for bot x with weapon y etc.

For saving the file, wouldn't XML be best if you wanted to be able to use it with another program. The excel fitting tool would have to be reworked a little, but for future projects I would think standardizing some XML would be best.

Okay guys! Will review all your requests, and will make nice tool asap big_smile

I know this a Late Response but,    Don't make it Complicated, Keep it Simple and easy, Like it is now, Personally, I like the way the current one looks now, Just Missing a few skills.

MetalThunder wrote:

I know this a Late Response but,    Don't make it Complicated, Keep it Simple and easy, Like it is now, Personally, I like the way the current one looks now, Just Missing a few skills.

this is a main concept of old tool: you open planner and use it instsantly without stupid registration, surveys, etc. Afc I will save this concept for new tool. big_smile

for your own sake, and if you ever leave like the dev of this tool - please make it easy to add new extensions wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

The saved file can be a Json or multiple Json

Its cross platform, and many languages are ready to convert Json to array or object.

With javascript/jquery, we can make a mix of languages.

The client side, query a server about need info, the server can be PHP, ASP, JSP. I dont know if its possible to create a local html pages to respond the query using javascript.

71 (edited by Mark Zima 2011-08-15 16:09:50)

Suddenly, new version is out. See the first post.

It's not on auto-update yet, until someone reports it's working.

\o/ mark zima is back!!!!

73 (edited by Alexander 2011-08-15 16:20:44)

Holy cow!
An update!
How up to date is the update (Not got a chance to test it yet)?

Question:
I am guessing you either decoded the GBF or get a Dev to give you all the icons because there are some icons in there that I know aren't used. "def_sandard_sensor_booster" for example (Awesome icon).
If the devs are giving out a database dump or someone has decoded the GBF could we get these sort of dumps hosted somewhere on the website for other application makers. Then keep the dump reasonably up to date until we get a amazing API system.

Scanned and all looks well.

http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/rep … 1313421086

75 (edited by Mark Zima 2011-08-15 16:44:04)

@Alexander

Market tree and icons come from GBF (btw, GBF decoder is out for a long time already, it was included with the previous planner data dumps). Where the rest comes from I'd prefer not to duscuss here.

I didn't ask the devs for data or anything else. Plobably it's time to ask for forgiveness tongue