Re: 50m Kain vs Explosion Damage

Mammoth wrote:

Smash them with magnedart and run like hell while your team finishes them? Then you get the best of both worlds, massive unnerfed magnedart damage, and zero explosion damage.

But but but mah k/d ratio!!!!!!!!!!!!

But ya I had the same seemingly obvious thought. Our suicide bots have learned to move in two directions and while they often forget they occasionally do back up and let the missiles/lasers handle it from a safer distance.

Exomorph wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Medium Magnedart - -75% optimal range, 72 kinetic damage.
Medium Crypto - +20% optimal range, 44 thermal damage.
Medium HEAT-IX Ballistic Missile(long range!) - +45m range, 70 siesmic damage.

So, at which point does 28 damage equal to ~95% optimal range difference being balanced? ^^

Maybe the damage multiplier on EM or even on gauss guns ? ^^
You can do 400-600% damage with em guns.
With missiles max 200%, with lasers i dunno, but i dont think its bigger than max 300%!
(and still count ROF!!! missiles 5 sec!!!)

So thats why!

The different guns dont matter.  You're still multiplying each ammo type by the same amount.  Try again.

lol I can get 200% damage in my Tyrannos with *** gear and still have a long way to go on damage boost extensions.  Try again.

->You just lost The Game<-

It never occured to you that mixing magnetdart and Gauss was simply a terrible idea?

Compositcore are fine on a long range EM gun (still 200m of range)

Magnetdart are crappy ammo in every cases except Alpha because of the explosion dmg. This latest point should be fixed, by reducing magnetdart penalty to 50 percents like the compositecore.

Then, the second problem is the Gauss gun itself. Being an already fairly short range, it should be less affected by the range penalty of theses ammo.
Maybe it shouldn't be affected at all. You would probably see a lot more kains running around with compositecore, gauss, and 200m range. LoL.

Facts are:
- magnetdart are useless out of alpha
- Gauss are useless due to their range, and they are an awful combinaison with ammo that reduce range.

My blog about MMO design:
http://mmockery.wordpress.com/

Norrdec wrote:

Well in Mechwarrior you had a few second before your/enemy bot exploded after damaging it enough, but giving it here it would be bad imo. People already know when they are going to die and can try to run (talking about a mech which is going to die in a group).

If am all for the explosion size connected with interference. This idea was already posted in some other thread about it. (like a month or 2 ago).

yup, they would drop down to a knee and a ball would start to form and it would slowly grow and then explode.

Check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkpxItO0zOY

Thats how bots should blow up

Why not increase the range on magnedart say -40% and composite -20%, and as a penalty have 2x AP consumption on magnedart and 1.5x AP consumption on composite?

31 (edited by Hugh Jasol 2011-07-28 08:34:39)

I definitely dont understand why gauss gun + magnetdart/composite core is even an option if your range would serve as a death sentence from explosion radius

Because they were designed and used back when there was no explosion damage.

Now they need to be redesigned, obviously.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

33 (edited by Virlomi Silver 2011-07-29 13:16:04)

Exomorph wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Medium Magnedart - -75% optimal range, 72 kinetic damage.
Medium Crypto - +20% optimal range, 44 thermal damage.
Medium HEAT-IX Ballistic Missile(long range!) - +45m range, 70 siesmic damage.

So, at which point does 28 damage equal to ~95% optimal range difference being balanced? ^^

Maybe the damage multiplier on EM or even on gauss guns ? ^^
You can do 400-600% damage with em guns.
With missiles max 200%, with lasers i dunno, but i dont think its bigger than max 300%!
(and still count ROF!!! missiles 5 sec!!!)

So thats why!

EM guns have almost the same cycle then missiles..only 2 sec diff