26 (edited by Purgatory 2011-07-18 13:12:17)

Re: Reducing gropho accumulator maximum would be a mistake.

Annihilator wrote:

yeah, purgatory... the game resolves around unfit robots....

here is a whining topic about how bad it would be to reduce the grophos accumulator size
another topic is whining about how bad it is that grophos can fire their weapon without any reasonable AP costs.

Tyrannos is one of the most flexible Mechs ingame - it can fit turrets, no matter how much AP they use, it can fit Neuts, it can fit longrange missile, it can work with shields, but could also fit increadible Repair-tank.

The gropho was once called "making ictus useless because it can fit more neuts and has a better shield bonus"... wait, wasn't that you?

now to the nitpicking:
420s is no "rate", its a time...

I suppose I just see things from a logical standpoint, while you seem to fail at that. Ooh, so a heavy mech has an extra slot over a mech, I guess they can use that slot to fit a T4 recharger, and then their ap/sec will be roughly even with a mech (unless you're in the new nerfed gropho, even a T4 recharger won't bring your ap/sec as high as tyrannos). Now they can watch in despair as nothing is solved and their 50% extra turrets continue to drain their accumulator dry 50% faster than a mechs accumulator is drained. Fat lot of good that T4 recharger did them, may aswell have stuck to using a mech.

Er, no, i've never commented on the ictus. I think it sucks though, there, i have now.