Re: Thank you to the Perpetuum Team!

/me raises a glass to the devs.

+1 props to devs.

Another thank you from an ex EvE player. Tried it briefly last night and bought a 3 month sub today, great stuff smile

[23:42:06] <Nullcrash> The only thing they should do for eminem is enroll him in a clinic for guys who dont realize they are actually white.

29 (edited by Cebit 2011-06-30 20:27:30)

To be perfectly hounest i thought that the sudden influx of  players might have ben bit more than the game could chew and all was just stalling for time big_smile

Well, i do come from a game where a lot of BS have been trown at me for a long time, and expected more of the same here tbh.

Glad i was wrong smile Keep up the good work.

/signed

"There must be War . . . "

[applause]o7[\applause]

Nothing endures but change. -Heraclitus

We pumped your server full of man so hard you had to duct tape it back together!

But you did it quick, and you were cool about it. Bangarang.

Job well done ladies and gents. Thank you!

34 (edited by Zedrik Cayne 2011-06-30 23:16:55)

AeonThePiglet wrote:

We pumped your server full of man so hard you had to duct tape it back together!

But you did it quick, and you were cool about it. Bangarang.

Wait...duct tape? Server is Minmatar?

EDIT: Favorite quote from work: 'Put enough band-aids on a cube, and it will roll.'

Knowing is half the battle. The other half is pure, unadultearated VIOLENCE.

Doh... I read that as 'Cubical' the first time... i need to get out more smile

Much Love!

Hugs for everyone!

Much appreciated

I still miss my cylinder tiles for mining sad

To the Devs: Thanks for all your hard work and sleepless night. I think a very beneficial side effect of these technical problems is it gave your team a chance to prove that you are a cut above other MMO developers in openness, honesty, and that you actually do think about your players. This has no doubt won many hearts and minds of our new arrivals.

To the players: I was actually quite surprised by most people patience and tolerance of the problems. Most were quite vocal of their support for the devs and their work. I'm glad that most of  you have left the bittervetness in Eve. I hope many of you who dwell, lurk, and spew on various other forums make it know that Avatar Creations have made a great game, provide awesome support for the game and it's players. This definately deserves plenty of positive PR for them.

Again thanks to all.

Zedrik Cayne wrote:

Wait...duct tape? Server is Minmatar?

EDIT: Favorite quote from work: 'Put enough band-aids on a cube, and it will roll.'

After enough pumping anything will start looking minmatar..

I guess at least one DEV should post an answer to avoid looking all smug and indifferent, plus this is a great opportunity to be sappy and heartwrenching, so I'll take the honors to respond.

The reaction during the downtime / restricted period was absolutely overwhelming, from newcomers and returning players alike. We were honestly afraid that we'd be burned at stake for such a problem especially when we have this huge surge of players incoming, and the encouragement from the playerbase was really inspiring, especially when people started making room for each other to play, exclaiming they'd sit out for a few days so that others who never tried the game can get in. This sort of camaraderie certainly pushed us harder to find and fix the bug.

I guess the bottom line is that as for all indie developers, Perpetuum has been and is a labour of love for us, which is why we treasure each and every player who trusts us with their time. It only makes sense to work so hard on an issue like this.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

A tip of my hat to you. Well done.

Thanks guys, I had just talked about 10 of my friends from StEVE to come and join in on the fun, and low and behold the game ran like crap if they could even get in.  I was starting to sweat a bit, because I had high hopes we could find a new home finally.  Well you guys did a great job, and I think all but 1 stayed.  What a relief, I was thinking I had just made a huge mistake, and the guys would drag me back, but with less trust.  Now were out having  a blast, starting a new noobish small pvp corp. I look forward to playing perp in the future, and am definately glad I didnt waste mine, and my friends sub money. 

Also : Just a shameless plug, can you guys please do your best to cater to us pvpers, and work on killboard functionality so that its easier to keep track of lolmail losses, and gold star players in our corp? Thanks!

Great work devs, keep it up.

On that same sidenote as Mya, would be great to see a quick export functionality (just a copy to clipboard, make it quick and dirty XML, YAML, something for now) for character/kills.. I'm sure players can take it from there.

I too endores this product and/or service. big_smile

Top job guys - nice work on the fix and especially nice work on the comms.

Oh, and excellent game too - really - top job.

Thanks Devs! You guys rock!

Your honesty and openness towards the players really impressed me.

Continue the great work!

- Melor