Re: Political situation of the game

As you can see now, political situation in the world of Perpetuum changed dramatically just during one evening, as that evening was defining in sweeping away all the tremendously negative influence on all aspects of gameplay (economic, technical, political, social...) that was done by just one entity. And its was done by means that are far, or even opposite, from any game rules, any game mechanics. At the same time, that entity used those means (read: literally unlimited supplies) to affect the game and its politics to a large extent, shamelessly twisting the truth in any direction they wanted, crippling the game, its development and its social atmosphere. It had its fun in a special way, especially knowing now the capabilities of what we were fighting against, but it was not healthy, not natural, harmful.

It is sad, indeed, but luckily now it is over; what opens great possibilities and opportunities of game politics and social features for long established corporations and new to the game corporations both. Quite encouraging situation smile Good luck everyone in the new political and social climate, I hope it will have positive and vitalizining effects on the game population and community overall, good job developers, good job players.

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

This is kind of a cryptic post for the trial forum where we are trying to just understand.  What is it you are saying?

I guess folk who have been here awhile will understand this Weedy, but how is a new person supposed to know about all the underlying context of what you are referring to?

Please do not openly discuss actions taken by the GMs or DEVs. They are to be settled only between the offender and the Perpetuum team. - DEV Zoom

Reanigael wrote:

This is kind of a cryptic post for the trial forum where we are trying to just understand.  What is it you are saying?

I guess folk who have been here awhile will understand this Weedy, but how is a new person supposed to know about all the underlying context of what you are referring to?

Read the last few dev blogs and you'll understand. We aren't allowed to talk about it openly.

In short, now that M2S is down a notch, other corps have the opportunity to flourish. As of now, the political situation is pretty open. Give it a few days smile