Re: Increased EP points/minute for new players

Triglav wrote:

If you can't accept a simple mathematical example that i provided you to show you that your idea is flawed, only death and god can help you.

You did not provide anything, in post 8 I did the same math so it was not you enlightening me.
And it was you who started trolling when told me to go away with my suggestion. You are quite welcome to your opinion as do I.

Honelith wrote:

As EVE has done, newer players were given more starting skillpoints which the older players never got. EVE still continues to grow despite this "I'll never catch up with the vets" mentality. You attract new players by offering new content.

That's an other approach for the same problem, it's a bigger skill boost but only for a fix amount. Mine would be smaller boost but for much longer time

28 (edited by Alexander 2011-01-04 13:01:27)

EP does not make a large enough difference when comparing high tiered gear.

Player A took 3 months to get into a heavy mech and now 2 years down the line has a lot more extensions and is a lot more versatile.
Player B joins and only had to wait 3 months to get into a heavy mech but won't have as much HP, range or damage as Player A would when standard fit.
Player B can still play and enjoy the game but will only have level 5 extensions rather than level 8 to 10.

Working as intended. Reward for loyalty. You WILL catch up. If you can learn PVP tactics fasts and get into a good corporation you can be as useful and needed as the elite PVPers of 2 years.

The Game

@Alexander
Those are all valid points, I never quiestioned it. I have joined eve a year ago and had fun, but before I joined the skill system held me back and I know I was not the only one.
I can see that more ppl thinks this is unnecessary, that's alright not a big thing for me. Bottom line from me is that I just hope that the game will be really accesible for new players  but that only future can tell.