Topic: Vicinity Chat Name Change

Can we please change the name of "Vicinity Chat" to the "Troll Your Enemies" Channel please.

Now please know that I'm not ripping The Dev team but I do see very little use of this channel other then to just smack talk your enemies (Not a bad thing). 

I suppose it would be useful for the starting areas, for talking and chatting, but mostly that would be done in private convo's.  Also when your "in" vicinity chat, the character does not appear in the channel, like it would in general chat and what not.

Anyways I said I would just *** about it tomorrow, and so I have, keep up the good work Dev's, I look forward to the new shinny bots and mods that the entire community would like to have.  yarr

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Re: Vicinity Chat Name Change

Thought about the trolling too. Good thing is, you can still 'spy' in on conversations with detectors, that's so cool smile

RIP PERPETUUM

Would be good to only talk to people in vicinity and not squadmates on the same island.

4 (edited by Annihilator 2012-10-16 20:42:14)

chat bubbles

it makes no sense for me without option to turn over-robothead-message  on for local chat, since i cannot have two chat tabs visible at the same time.

i dont care about the name at all...

and there is a use: chatting with multiple agents at the same time that are around yourself, that are not in your squad or in one of the official channels that are probably spammed with messages anyway with more population (dreaming...)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Since vets know every single way to troll enemies, I'm pretty sure this vicintiy chat was meant for and will be extrememly helpful in the starting areas.

Atticus wrote:

Since vets know every single way to troll enemies, I'm pretty sure this vicintiy chat was meant for and will be extrememly helpful in the starting areas.

Newb: Hello, vet passing by, how do you target ground to mine?

Vet: Press any key

Newb: Where's the any key?

Vet: Sorry, I meant F key , Now leave me alone I've got to defend an intrusion, and stare at the screen for an hour.

Newb: Huh? Intrusion?

Vet: Nevermind keep on mining.

RIP PERPETUUM

Clearly M2S is the only corp that wants to troll people.  I think this will kind of nice and scaring the *** out of solo Beta Miners.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Lucian Night came up with a awesome Idea...Can we please have Observers Talk smack in Vicinity when your near them?

Now that would be awesome.

Just a thought, not my Idea but a awesome one.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

I consider this chat a nice feature. When doing mining or npc farming, you can talk to each other without disturbing squad or  corp channel. It would be good to give agents the possibility to "unsubscribe" as it is a unnecessary tab sometimes.

can we also get VOIP in game as well so i can play freaky music over vicinity ? ty

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue