Re: The great Perpetuum economic crash

Zoom never sees bigger picture

ever

77 (edited by Annihilator 2016-01-15 17:54:24)

Gekko wrote:

Row assignment bonus should work in opposite direction, obviously.

that row assigment bonus we have currently is a fraction of something i had suggested 4 years ago*. though, because its just a fraction, put out of context - its pretty silly to have.

given a "normal" working person would play ~2-3h a day, always around the same timeframe, that extension to expand the time for the bonus is totally useless.

that person comes online, and has always to start at zero multiplier, then run 5 missions to get it up. with mission times between 3 and 15 minutes, there is no way he will see it decay during his play-session. even at the maximum extension level, the multiplier will be back to zero next day.

*my suggestion included decaying relation over time, and running missions on a regular basis over a timespan of a MONTH would counter that decay, only increasing your reward by giving you constant access to higher level missions, not increasing the payout of each mission...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

DEV Zoom wrote:
Jita wrote:

1)    Hyper inflation: Epriton as an example has risen from 9 per unit to 40 – 60 in a few weeks
2)    Scarcity: The only reason to sell goods is to gain NIC. As people get NIC rich the market is stripped bare of goods and people are not motivated to sell more

The fault in your logic is that inflation doesn't affect only Epriton. If there is inflation it affects everything, including the items that you want to buy, because sellers will see that items sell fast and they can increase their asking prices.

It's all the same, just at a higher scale.

edit: Celebro beat me to it.

but once again, you screwed all players who earned nic up to this point, as that nic and it's value was just nullified

sounds like a familiar pattern

79 (edited by Jita 2016-01-15 18:12:30)

Gunner wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Jita wrote:

1)    Hyper inflation: Epriton as an example has risen from 9 per unit to 40 – 60 in a few weeks
2)    Scarcity: The only reason to sell goods is to gain NIC. As people get NIC rich the market is stripped bare of goods and people are not motivated to sell more

The fault in your logic is that inflation doesn't affect only Epriton. If there is inflation it affects everything, including the items that you want to buy, because sellers will see that items sell fast and they can increase their asking prices.

but once again, you screwed all players who earned nic up to this point, as that nic and it's value was just nullified

Since you made it exploiting mission and beacon mechanics are we supposed to care?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:

Since you made it exploiting mission and beacon mechanics are we supposed to care?

We know which Corp the serial beacon abusers were members of, they spent years abusing those mechanics and own more materials and resources than every other player put together in game and they were not and never have been members of 77' nor cir.

It's quite silly to point fingers and say this person exploited this and that and etc...  Because even with infinite assets you still have to field those assets.  Regardless how much Nic you have robots etc...  It doesn't mean *** unless there's players in the bots.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

82 (edited by Nooodlzs 2016-01-15 18:42:47)

Ville wrote:

It's quite silly to point fingers and say this person exploited this and that and etc...  Because even with infinite assets you still have to field those assets.  Regardless how much Nic you have robots etc...  It doesn't mean *** unless there's players in the bots.

I totally agree Ville, it just annoys me when certain people throw mud around and ignore the huge elephants in the room because it suits them.

Because of that mud we now have broken NPC farming on Beta etc, mainly jealousy and spitefulness causing that.

Noodles make sure your swinging by TS, we need to chat.

I wait 1.000.000.000 nic price heavy mech mk2:D

Just @ Game

BadAss wrote:

I wait 1.000.000.000 nic price heavy mech mk2:D

It didnt even get that high for scarab mk2.

86 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2016-01-16 12:14:21)

Sup... So Im guessing the DEVs have done something wrong again? Im curious now why has epi spiked in price? (I just read the OP, stuff reading all those posts tongue )

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

87 (edited by Jasdemi 2016-01-16 12:42:38)

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

Sup... So Im guessing the DEVs have done something wrong again? Im curious now why has epi spiked in price? (I just read the OP, stuff reading all those posts tongue )

TL;DR:

• Epri prices range between 15 and 20, NOT 40-50. Jita obviously overdramatized this part.

• Beta to alpha risk/reward ratio is now working perfectly fine. Anyone can access missions on beta, not just the veterans, giving the newer players a chance to catch up, NIC-wise. (beacon pit was only accessible to few)

• We need good NIC sinks(Syndicate Store requiring tokens + nic)

• Materials from gathering missions should flow to market.

Jasdemi wrote:

This is what I'm currently working on btw.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Jasdemi wrote:

++ Sounds like a really good one.

The economy reminds me of Clicker Heroes

Jita wrote:
Gunner wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

pay to win alert

DEV Zoom wrote:
Jasdemi wrote:

Jasdemi wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

TL;DR:

• Epri prices range between 15 and 20, NOT 40-50. Jita obviously overdramatized this part.

• Beta to alpha risk/reward ratio is now working perfectly fine. Anyone can access missions on beta, not just the veterans, giving the newer players a chance to catch up, NIC-wise. (beacon pit was only accessible to few)

• Materials from gathering missions should flow to market.

Ah ok cool thanks smile

Those Epri prices look ok to me lol... risk vs reward smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Burial wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:
Jasdemi wrote:

Zoom, does this just mean raising the prices on current seeded market items????

Gotharic wrote:
Burial wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Zoom, does this just mean raising the prices on current seeded market items????

I was referring to the Syndicate shop.

Eta on that?