Re: Teleportgrid / Highways

Disclaimer: believe it or not I haven't checked the current situation on outpost ownership. But maybe I should then.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Disclaimer: believe it or not I haven't checked the current situation on outpost ownership. But maybe I should then.

situation is easy - someone who does only log in lots of inactive accounts if necessary to keep "his property", is occupying 1/3 of the availiable landmass.

if you ask me, that sounds like you have a chance to make an inactive playerbase to log in more often by making those outposts more accessible. But then, in another place, the same guy said, he won't play a game where he has to actually log in on regular basis (aka playing it) to keep the status quo up.

and you, yourself told me already several times over the years, that its more important for you, to not displease those who only log in to look at their limitless assets they have ammassed, but not having to participate in the gameplay the game offers.

but well, thats offtopic.

on topic: on the screenshots you have posted, i have noticed only one small flaw, and thats the alpha2gamma travel without teleport beacons on norhoop can be completely done on highway+internal teleport, while domhalarn has only a highway crossing an outpost, or unboosted terrain.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

on topic: on the screenshots you have posted, i have noticed only one small flaw, and thats the alpha2gamma travel without teleport beacons on norhoop can be completely done on highway+internal teleport, while domhalarn has only a highway crossing an outpost, or unboosted terrain.

Well that's mostly due to the outpost locations. I could have put the Alpha2 teleport above Karapyth, but then the problem would have been again that it's too close to the Gamma teleport. But the outpost-avoiding route on Norhoop is somewhat balanced by being longer.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Or maybe just make decisions based upon what's good for the game. If the sap is better somewhere then move it, it doesn't matter who asks.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

Or maybe just make decisions based upon what's good for the game. If the sap is better somewhere then move it, it doesn't matter who asks.

+1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

The bigger picture is that the changes coming to the game are awesome, we can nit-pick details like a Destro being too close to Alpha on second-grade real estate but overall it's important to look at the big picture. And it's awesome.

Naismith wrote:

The bigger picture is that the changes coming to the game are awesome, we can nit-pick details like a Destro being too close to Alpha on second-grade real estate but overall it's important to look at the big picture. And it's awesome.

+1 The chnages seems good to me also. Go on guys!

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

How is this coming along?