Topic: The ever annoying cargo bug...

This happens when your leave your cargo open for an extended time (hours) and are moving things in and out of it during that time.  I've never seen this happen while docked, but while shooting NPCs or mining it happens invariably sometimes sooner than later. 

Here's a screenshot, it broke before the cargo was full but I didn't get the picture until after.  The only way to fix this is to close and re-open the window (like actually X out of it not minimize).

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Re: The ever annoying cargo bug...

Does it get stuck like this after you move something in/out or just on its own?

DEV Zoom wrote:

He left a macro running and it caused this. NBS, look at his timings.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Macroing will get you banned.

5 (edited by Jita 2014-07-20 15:52:15)

Crepitus wrote:

This happens when your leave your cargo open for an extended time (hours) and are moving things in and out of it during that time.  I've never seen this happen while docked, but while shooting NPCs or mining it happens invariably sometimes sooner than later. 

Here's a screenshot, it broke before the cargo was full but I didn't get the picture until after.  The only way to fix this is to close and re-open the window (like actually X out of it not minimize).

Burial wrote:

It's definitely a macro though. I was testing a macro trying to find a dupe bug i had heard about (it doesn't work) and saw the same client behavior. Something about drag and drop using a macro that the game doesn't like and it times out your cargo screen.

You can even see how the macro stopped emptying the cargo and the cargo filled up shutting off the lasers and the absurd amount of charges he has because he expected it to be running all night.

He specifically says it broke before the cargo was full and I didn't get the picture tiull after. Way to go crepitus lol.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

DEV Zoom wrote:

After moving stuff, it doesn't happen often, but it is annoying *shrug*.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

7 (edited by Crepitus 2014-07-20 16:18:38)

Jita wrote:
Burial wrote:

It's definitely a macro though. I was testing a macro trying to find a dupe bug i had heard about (it doesn't work) and saw the same client behavior. Something about drag and drop using a macro that the game doesn't like and it times out your cargo screen.

I guess we'll see.  Way to admit to trying to exploit and macroing Jita, *golf clap*.  There's a reason I compared you Styx, your admiration of him notwithstanding.

Population graphs

Jita wrote:

I was testing a macro trying to find a dupe bug i had heard about.

Have you been employed by devs to test macros? I take it you're doing this "for the good of the game" and that your "high moral authority" allows you to break the EULA.

Sparking to other games

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -loophole/

Look who it is!

Happens to me all the time while I'm farming NPCs.

Everything is fine though.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

Happens to me all the time while I'm farming NPCs.

Everything is fine though.

https://image.eveonline.com/Type/2048_64.png

Wait I can't use my built in mouse functions?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

I've seen this occurring during ratting myself a few times.
I just presumed it was my connection though.

Have seen this as well from time to time for at least the last 3 month.

i noticed the window flash black everytime i put something in or out between Fieldcontainer and my cargo, but i never saw the loading bar.

container interaction on terrain is also a sure way to get a red spike on the profiler. maybe the item database got to big?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

i noticed the window flash black everytime i put something in or out between Fieldcontainer and my cargo, but i never saw the loading bar.

container interaction on terrain is also a sure way to get a red spike on the profiler. maybe the item database got to big?

Same. I see a small lag spike any time I work with a cargo or can.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23