Topic: Is there any point in using this CT?

Hey folks,

I decided to start artifact scanning today and I found a Symbiont MK2 CT. (100P 100P)
So far I know I need the following materials:

- Manufacture price (0.16 mill)
- Symbiont (20 mil)
- Niani heavy mech CPU cortex (20 mil)
- 6136 Titanium (0.15 mil)
- 3068 Plasteosine (0.08 mil)
- 3068 Alligior (1.8 mil)
- 614 Espitium (0.3 mil)
- 6136 Briochit (12.3 mil)
- 614 Cryoperine (0.01 mil)

This is a total of 54.8 mil NiCmanufacturing costs.

The Symbiont MK2 is worth 44.5 mil NiC on the market.

It looks like crafting this bot to sell it on the market would make me lose 10 mil.

Did I overlook something? Is there something about the crafting process I don't understand?

Thanks in advance

Re: Is there any point in using this CT?

you know that the efficiency of your production depends on the terminals facilities, and your extension?

also, did you calculate the production cost for the symbiont MK1 or did you take the market worth for it?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

3 (edited by RayBabbitt 2014-05-24 18:49:59)

Annihilator wrote:

you know that the efficiency of your production depends on the terminals facilities, and your extension?

also, did you calculate the production cost for the symbiont MK1 or did you take the market worth for it?

Actualy I did not know about the terminal's facilities. I assume you mean beta/gamma gives better results?

If I can get better results on PvP islands I might just keep the CT and use it later I guess. Doesn't seem worth crafting on an alpha island with the current extensions I have.

Good point on the Symbiont crafting vs market price. I picked the market price.

4 (edited by Burial 2014-05-24 20:27:05)

44.5mil for Symbiont MK2 is slightly over production cost with maxed bonuses. I wouldn't suggest competing there as a new manufacturer.

Try to sell the CT.

Thanks!

In fact I would think twice before selling such a CT if you like to use it. Even if your better off today buying from market than producing, this will change some day.

Or buy all the stock on the market and manipulate the price point.

This would require checking price all the time and buying up all said stock as soon as you could.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Sadly, most types of Indy Mk2 CTs drop frequently, and combined with the fact that they are not destroyed as often as Combats, means you cannot get much for that CT. I would hold on to it.

Running missions to increase your rep with the color faction island you produce at also increases your building efficiency.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2