Topic: Controls

WASD = forward, left, backwards, right.
QE should = strafe left and strafe right.

ATM the only way to strafe is to change the control settings but then you lose the ability to turn.  I like to generally hold down both mouse buttons to move forward and then use mouse button 4 and 5 to strafe left and right.  But I like have the traditional WASDQE as well.

On a side note.  Mouse buttons can not be assigned as hot keys in game.  If we can get QE as strafing I'd be happy because I can always use my mouse's profile to have it directly toggle Q and E respectively.

Re: Controls

A and D are strafe.  Your legs turn toward that direction, but the body will look at your pirmary target.  Is this not good enough for you?

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

that's when you have a primary target.  I just want full control over my bot.  using WASD I'm given a 6 axis directional control. Up, Up-left, left, down-left, ect.

using WASDQE I'm given full control on much smaller angles, Up, Up-strafe left, up-left, left, ect.  I'm just used to it and it should be fairly easy to implement so I would request it's added.

you want to keyboard turn? Use your mouse, man.

I'm curious, what would be the difference between pressing A and Q? (Besides the robot facing left or forward obviously.)

edit: or do you mean this when alternative control method is turned on?

Many MMO's use a and d for turning, q and e for strafe, or at least have the ability to set it that way, only time i notice it really is when switching games....lol

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

Hmmm I don't know how I didn't notice this but yes, A and D do strafe left and right.  I knew something was missing, it's the fact that A and D usually turn your character and Q and E will strafe left and right.  Hmmm.

Changing the system would probably mean negatively effecting the people who like it like this, but the way I'm used to in other MMOs is that you would have keyboard controls to actually turn your character and change their running direction.  I guess I've gotten so used to this method that I didn't notice that it was the turning that was missing not the strafing. 

But still, I would still like to see turning as hot-keyable for longer runs.  Having these controls not mapped by default would allow people to not be negatively effected while still implementing it.  Also, just as more information, clicking a turning key and a forward key would result in a strafe.

And also my request for being able to key-map mouse buttons would still apply.

BoostHungry wrote:

Hmmm I don't know how I didn't notice this but yes, A and D do strafe left and right.  I knew something was missing, it's the fact that A and D usually turn your character and Q and E will strafe left and right.  Hmmm.

Just out of curiosity, what has A and D turn your character rather than strafe?

Turn on alternate robot control. Done. Enjoy.

The Game

Amlodhi wrote:

Just out of curiosity, what has A and D turn your character rather than strafe?

You mean what game?  Most fantasy MMOs.

Alexander wrote:

Turn on alternate robot control. Done. Enjoy.

Yes, I know alternate robot control allows for turning when you hit A and W at the same time.  I mostly strafe, I'm just asking to be able to have A and D turn your bot (while running forward or standing still), and Q and E allow for strafing.  I don't want an alternate control scheme that gives me half of what I'm asking.  I just want "turning" to be hot-keyable, as well as strafing.

I'm not demanding this, or saying it's a game breaker, it would simply allow me to jump on this game after playing a fantasy MMO and not have to think "O yeah, that's how controls are in this game."