Topic: Burrowing to enhance/replace logout

Login ambushing is an interesting strategy; it encourages forethought on both ambusher and ambushee sides. I don't want it to be removed from the game.

However, having a central game mechanic that breaks immersion so totally seems awkward. What if a new stealth feature, burrowing, was added, with the intent of exactly matching the effects of logout/login, but without breaking immersion? The idea would be to allow players who want to ambush to do so without having to log out of the game.

Any bot, at any time, could burrow, and it would take one minute of standing still. Then they would lose the ability to see, but would be perfectly undetectable, until they unburrow.

We could reasonably allow players to chat and browse market while burrowed, which would provide a small but real incentive to use the burrowing feature (with its possibly better animations) rather than logging out.

Re: Burrowing to enhance/replace logout

hmm, sounds intresting...

pelistal feature? their combat balancing already works like a zerg-swarm (without the speed)
let the trojar dig holes in the ground big_smile

All robots can logout now - so this "logout replacement" burrowing would apply to all robots. If it didn't apply to all robots, then the other ones would still be able to logout (and due to incentives to stealth via logout) they would logout - and so would break immersion.

Starcraft much?

Banelings?

The Game

You guys can have this burrowing crap, I'll take a Yamato cannon for my own mech please, thanks devs.

Nuclear launch detected.

I like it. Every robot would be able to do this, but it would take time (as logging out takes and logging in should), but with correct modules and extensions this could be reduced so making ambush spec bots possible.

basically gives unfair advantage to  people with 2-3 accounts that can park a bait/eyes  on top/near of their burrow or just leave eyes at the teleporter and pounce when the needed and yes everyone would use it for that